Arun Kumar Jha has been appointed as the new CEO (Chief Executive Officer) Of KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission) on April 10th 2015. Department of Personnel and Training issued the order for his appointment.
Arun Kumar Jha is a 1985-batch officer of IES (Indian Economics Service). He currently holds the position of Director General at National Institute of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) which comes under the Indian Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
Knowledge is Wealth
- KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission) was formed in 1956 and is head quartered at Mumbai.
- Sardar KA Venkataramaiya was the first KVIC Director. He is a freedom fighter from Karnataka state.
- It has 6 zonal offices namely Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkatta, Bhopal and Guwahati.
- The three main schemes of the KVIC are as follows Prime Ministers Employment Generation Program (PMEGP), Interest Subsidy Eligibility Certification Scheme (ISEC), Rebate Scheme.
- The Prime Ministers Employment Generation Program (PMEGP) was formed with merger of two schemes namely Prime Minister’s Rojgar Yojana (PMRY) and The Rural Employment Generation Programme (REGP)