The Union Minister for Tribal Affairs launched the Tribal Livelihoods Initiative ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi-Mission Van Dhan’.
- Along with the initiative, the Union Minister also launched 7 new Tribes India Outlets, Tribes India Coffee table book, Van Dhan website, software application,and new TRIFED Head Office in New Delhi.
- The initiatives were launched in hybrid mode i.e both physically and virtually. All the initiatives are aimed at sustainable livelihoods for the tribal population.
- Managing Director of TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited) Pravir Krishna; Governor of Chattisgarh Anusuiya Uikey; Renuka Singh, Minister of State, Ministry of Tribal Affairs were present during the event.
Sankalp Se Siddhi – Mission Van Dhan
Through this scheme, TRIFED aims to expand its operations through convergence of various schemes of different Ministries and Departments and launch various tribal development programs in Mission Mode.
- Through this mission, establishment of 50, 000 Van Dhan Vikas Kendras, 3000 Haat Bazaars, 600 Godowns, 200 Mini TRIFOOD Units, 100 Common Facility Centres, 100 TRIFOOD parks, 100 SFURTI (Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries ) clusters , 200 Tribes India retail stores, ecommerce platforms for TRIFOOD and Tribes India brands are being targeted.
New TRIFED Office
TRIFED’s new head office was inaugurated at NSIC (National Small Industries Corporation) Complex, New Delhi.
Van Dhan Software Application
It is designed to receive and process the Van Dhan proposals online.
- It has GIS (Geographic Information System) Integration, can monitor Van Dhan Project implementation activities and generate related reports.
- A Digital Connect programme under which a two way communication process is proposed to be established was also launched during the event.
Launch of Tribes India outlets
The Union Minister inaugurated 7 Tribes India outlets – 2 in Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh), 3 in Ranchi (Jharkhand), 1 in Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) and 1 at Sarnath (heritage site), Uttar Pradesh .
- It will showcase tribal products from all over India, they will have specific GI (Geographical Indicators) and Vandhan
- A large variety of GI tagged and natural products from across India will be displayed.
- Sarnath outlet is the 1st successful collaboration with the Ministry of Culture at an ASI (Archaeological Survey of India ) heritage site.
- With these outlets, the total number of Tribes India outlets have gone up to 141.
Tribes India Coffee Table Book
Tribes India Coffee Table Book which was released showcases a rich cultural tribal heritage.
Recent Related News:
On April 7, 2021, Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare along with Arjun Munda, Union Minister of Tribal Affairs virtually launched ‘Anamaya’, the Tribal Health Collaborative. It is a multi stakeholder initiative of the Tribal Affairs Ministry.
About Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA):
Union Minister – Arjun Munda (Khunti, Jharkhand)
Minister of State – Renuka Singh Saruta (Surguja, Chhattisgarh)
About Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)
It comes under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Chairman – Ramesh Chand Meena
Managing Director – Pravir Krishna
Head Office – New Delhi