Archana Ramasundram is appointed as the Director General (DG) of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and now she became the first woman DG of Sashastra Seema Bal. The decision was issued by Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
About Archana Ramasundram
- She is 1980-batch IPS officer of Tamil Nadu Cadre.
- Currently Ramasundram is working as the director of National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB).
- She also works as the main organizer of an ongoing biometrics conference in Bhopal.
- Now she is appointed as DG in SSB.
About Sashastra Seema Bal
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) is one of India’s Central Armed Police Forces.
- SSB is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India.
- It was formally known as Special Service Bureau.
- Motto of SSB is Service, Security and Brotherhood.
- The Sashastra Seema Bal was established on 20 December 1963.Headquarters of SSB is in New Delhi India.
- It is frequently referred to as aparamilitary force but it is not one of the three officially defined paramilitary forces of India. Three forces are Assam Rifles, Special Frontier Force and Indian Coast Guard.
- The primary task of the force was to provide armed support for theResearch and Analysis Wing (RAW)
|K Durga Prasad||Director Generals of CRPF|
|K K Sharma||Director Generals of BSF|
|M K Singla||Special Secretary, Internal Security Home Ministry|