On February 23, 2021, the Andhra Pradesh Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy approved a new welfare scheme called ‘Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) Nestam’ for providing Financial Assistance to women belonging to the EBCs.
- An assistance of INR 15, 000 per year will be extended to women in the age group of 45-60 for a period of 3 years.
- The scheme is set to be implemented from November, 2021 and will benefit 6 lakh women.
- The state government has allocated INR 670 crore per annum for the scheme, totalling to INR 2, 010 crores for 3 years.
- The scheme is an addition to a similar scheme called ‘Cheyuta’ being provided by the AP Government for women belonging to the SC, ST, BC, Kapu & Minority communities.
Other Major Approvals
- Decision to allocate 5% of land in private layouts for the poor.
- Approval given for launch of Kadapa Steel Plant works at a cost of INR 10, 282 Crore.
- Cabinet has approved a decision to reduce time for probe into Anti-Corruption Bureau cases against employees from 2 years to 100 days.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 11, 2020 To empower women economically and socially, YS Jaganmohan Reddy, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh(AP), launched ‘YSR Aasara’ scheme.
About Andhra Pradesh:
RAMSAR Site – Kolleru Lake
Forts – Kondapalli Forts, Chandragiri Fort & Vizianagaram fort