Minister of State for Corporate Affairs Anurag Singh Thakur virtually launched the 1st phase of the ‘Ministry of Corporate Affairs 21 Version 3.0 (MCA21 V3.0)’ portal.
- MCA21 online portal is providing easy and secure access to Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) services to corporate entities, professionals, and the public. It helps companies to submit various documents as part of compliance requirements under the company act 1956.
- The MCA21 V3.0 portal is being updated in two phases, the fully revamped 2nd & final phase of MCA V3.0 will be launched in October 2021.
- The first phase of MCA21 V3.0 comprises a newly rebuilt website, new email services for MCA Officers, and 2 new modules e-Book and e-Consultation.
Features introduced in 1st Phase of MCA21 V3.0
i.The new version reduces the need for the requirement of attachments makes forms web-based and strengthens the pre-fill mechanism.
ii. Implementation of two new modules:-
- e-book – will provide easy access to the updated legislation along with a tracking mechanism for historical changes in the law.
- e-consultation module – will enable virtual public consultation of proposed amendments and new legislation to be introduced by MCA from time to time. Use of AI for compiling, grouping, and categorizing comments/inputs received from stakeholders and creating analytical reports for quick policy decision-making.
iii.MCA21 V3.0 is not only improving the existing services and modules, but will also create new functionalities like e-adjudication, compliance management system, advanced helpdesk, feedback services, user dashboards, self-reporting tools, and revamped master data services.
iii. New email service for officers of MCA – For making an organized and managed communication with internal & external stakeholders.
i.MCA21 is an e-Governance project of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs launched in 2006. MCA21 online Portal by equipping it with digital technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning to streamline the Corporate Compliance and stakeholders experience.
ii.It reduced all kinds of paper works like filing various forms, returns & documents associated with the Register of Companies (RoC) under the MCA.
- It is the 1st Mission Mode e-Governance project of the Government of India (GoI).
Recent Related News:
February 6, 2021, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs is set to launch the portal ‘MCA21 Version 3.0’ during the Fiscal Year 2021-22.
About Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) aims to regulate corporate affairs in India. MCA is primarily responsible for the administration of the Companies Act 2013, the Companies Act 1956, the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 as well as other allied Acts and rules & regulations to regulate the functioning of the corporate sector under law.
MCA also supervises three professional bodies Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), and the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI).
Union Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman (Rajya Sabha – Karnataka)
Minister of State – Anurag Singh Thakur (Lok Sabha – Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh).