All over India, May 21st is observed as Anti Terrorism Day in the memory of former Indian PM Mr Rajiv Gandhi who passed away on this day. On this day in the year 1991, former India’s PM Rajiv Gandhi was killed brutally by terrorist attacks.
- On this day Anti- terrorism pledge is taken in all government offices, PSU and in other public organisations.
- This day is also aimed in bringing awareness in the country among all sections of people, regarding dangers of terrorism, violence and its effect on people, society and nation as a whole.
- On this day debates,discussions,symposias, seminars lectures were held in schools,colleges and in universities on dangers of terrorism.
- Many NGO’s, social and cultural organisations also organise their own programmes to show negative effects of violence and terrorism .
- On the occasion of anti-terrorism day, Home Minister Mr Rajnath Singh administered pledge to the officials of Ministries of Home and Personnel.
- Since NDA government came into power last year, this was the first time that anti-terrrorism day was observed.
- Minister of State for Personnel Mr Jitendra Singh and Minister of State for Home Mr Kiren Rijiju were also present on the occasion.
Rajiv Gandhi- some information
- Rajiv Gandhi was 7th Prime Minister of India.
- His term of office was from 31st Oct 1984 to 2nd December 1989.
- He was born on 20th August 1944 in Bombay,Bombay Presidency.
- He was associated with Congress party.
- Rajiv Gandhi wife is Sonia gandhi.
- His children are Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi.
- Alma mater Trinity Colllege , Cambridge and Imperial College,London.
- In 1991, he was awarded posthumously Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian award in India.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification