The Andhra Pradesh State Cabinet approved the launch of AP State Enterprise Architecture (APSEA), e-Pragati, a comprehensive architecture to leverage the latest advances in e-governance tools which will bring all the government services under one roof.
- By this, Andhra Pradesh became the first state in India to execute and conceive state-wide enterprise e-governance architecture.
- e-Pragati has been designed with an estimated investment of 2,358 crore of which the State will share Rs. 1,528 crore over a period of three years. The project is envisaged to be implemented in three phases and set for completion by December 2017.
- The project is aimed at bringing together 745 G2B (government to businesses), G2C (government to citizens), G2E (government to employees) and G2G (government to governments) services offered by 33 departments and more than 300 government agencies. As many as 72 projects of various departments of similar nature such as welfare departments, works departments, land management wings and sectors (tourism, industries and etc.) have been grouped under 14 packages.
- It has been developed in association with Information Technology (IT) giant Wipro.
- The basic objective of e-Pragati will be to provide an integrated ‘One governance’ that will be citizen-centric, transparent and effective.