N Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has been selected for the US India Business Council (USIBC) award. The award is to be presented at the 2nd Annual West Coast Summit to be held in Menlo Park, California on May 8, 2017.
- The award is to be presented under the category, ‘Transformative Chief Minister’ of India by USIBC. Aruna Sundararajan would also receive ‘Transformative Leadership’ Award at the Summit.
Personnel’s attending the Summit
- The two days summit will be attended by Chandrababu Naidu and Aruna Sundararajan
- Along with them, personnel’s from Information Technology and Software majors like Cisco, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Adobe, Intel and AirBNB who will be held up in roundtable meetings.
- Several prominent personalities and industrialists of America from financial services, clean energy, health, infrastructure and productive sectors would be attending the summit.
About US India Business Council
- The US India Business Council (USIBC) is a business advocacy organization to enlighten and encourage the private sectors of both India and United States.
- It was formed in 1975 and headquartered in Washington, D.C.
- USIBC is chaired by Ajay Banga who is also the President and CEO of MasterCard.
- USIBC currently has twelve Executive Committees.
Achievements of Chandrababu Naidu in 2016
- Preparations to build a World Class “Peoples Capital” – AMARAVATI,
- Zero Power Deficit,
- Introducing Andhra Pradesh to the World by tie ups with Japan and China,
- Setting up Major Industries with Infrastructure Development and
- Launching Knowledge Mission to make AP an Education and Knowledge State.
- Capital: Amaravati with 13 districts.
- Chief Minister: N. Chandrababu Naidu.
- Governor: E. S. L. Narasimhan.
- Formed: 1 October 1953.
- Largest city: Visakhapatnam