Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister (CM) Jagan Mohan Reddy appointed 5 Deputy CMs in a full 25-member Cabinet, one each from Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Backward Classes (BC), Minority and Kapu communities. They also belong to five different regions of Andhra Pradesh — Rayalaseema, Prakasham, Krishna Delta, Godavari, and Visakhapatnam.
- The decision was taken in a meeting of the YSR (Yuvajana Sramika Raithu) Congress Legislature Party held at CM’s residence in Tadepalli, Amaravati.
- The 5 Deputy CMs- Pamula Pushpa Sreevani, Pilli Subhash Chandra Bose, Alla Kali Krishna Srinivas, L Narayana Swamy, and Amzath Basha took oath at a ceremony held near the State Secretariat in Velagapudi, Amaravati on June 8, 2019. Amzath Basha is the only Muslim member of the cabinet.
- With this, Andhra Pradesh became the first state in India to have 5 Deputy CMs.
CBI permitted to enter the state
On June 6, 2019, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister (CM) Y S Jaganmohan Reddy permitted the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to enter the state without seeking general consent from the state government. The State Home Department canceled the order issued by the former CM Chandrababu Naidu’s government.
- The former government had withdrawn the ‘general consent’ to the CBI to conduct raids and carry out investigations on central establishments in the state on November 8, 2018.
- The previous order was cancelled under the provisions of Section 6 of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946.
About Andra Pradesh:
♦ Capital: Amaravati
♦ Chief Minister:Y S Jaganmohan Reddy
♦ Governor: E. S. L. Narasimhan
♦ National Parks: Sri Venkateswara National Park, Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Papikonda National Park
♦ Wildlife Sanctuaries: Coringa WLS, GundlaBrahmeswaram WLS, Kambalakonda WLS, Kolleru WLS, Nagarjuna Sagar-Srisailam WLS, Rollapadu WLS etc