On 24th June, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the Kapu Nestham scheme by keeping his pre-poll promise to provide financial support of Rs 75000/- for a period of 5 year (Rs 15000/- per annum) to women of Kapu community.
The objective of the scheme is to financially empower Kapu women by enhancing their livelihood and living standards with financial assistance.
- Women in the age group of 45-60 belonging to Kapu Community are benefited with this scheme.
- In a period of Five years(from March 2020 to March 2024) an eligible woman will get a sum of Rs 75000.
- About 354 crore is distributed to over 2.36 lakh womens belonging to Kapu, Balija, Telaga and Ontari communities and having rice cards.
- The amount will be deposited in their bank accounts every month.
- Around 23 lakh people of the Kapu community are benefited with Rs 4,470 crores by the YSR government under different schemes(Amma Vodi, Vasati Deevena, Vidya Deevena, Vahana Mitra, Chedodu, Videsi Vidya Deevena and the Kapu Nestham).
- Permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh state can avail of the scheme benefits.
- The applicant must belong to the below poverty line, and income per month should be Rs 10000/- and Rs 12000/- in rural and Urban areas.
- Applicants whose Family member is a Government employee or pensioner is not eligible to apply.
- No family member should pay income tax.
About Andhra Pradesh:
Chief Minister: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
Chairperson and MLA: J Raja