Amazon, the american e-commerce major will be setting up India’s largest Fulfilment Centre (FC) at Hyderabad. It has selected the capital of Telangana, Hyderabad (Currently shared by Telangana and Andhra Pradesh) due to tax issues in Karnataka state.
The FC will be housed near Kottur, outskirts of Hyderabad spread over 280,000 sq.ft and will be operational this year May. Thereby Amazon wants to ramp up the speedy delivery of products to customers by giving tough competition to the Indian E-commerce giants namely Flipkart and Snapdeal.
Last year Amazon pledged 2 Billion USD funding in Indian to counter Flipkart’s funding of 1 Billion USD.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Flipkart become the largest Indian Internet company to raise 1 Billion USD funding from Investors.
- Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal are the founders of Flipkart, Indian E-commerce giant. They had both worked for Amazon previously.
- With the FC at Hyderabad, Amazon will possess 11 operational FC’s in 9 states of India.
- Jeff bezos is the founder and CEO of Amazon inc, the US E-commerce giant.
- Alibaba is the largest Chinese E-commerce giant.