Allahabad High Court established in 1866 celebrates its 150th Foundation Day on 14th March 2016.
- President Pranab Mukherjee was the Chief Guest of the celebrations. Chief Justice of India (CJI) TS Thakur and Union Law Minister DV Sadananda Gowda attended the function as well.
- CJI Justice Thakur inaugurated the dedicated digitization centre of the High court.
- Reserve bank of India (RBI) also released a 10 rupees coin.
- Postal department released a postage stamp and a Souvenir of the High court.
ALLAHABAD HIGH COURT
- It had replaced the old Sadr Diwani Adalat when it was known as the High Court of Judicature for the North-Western Provinces and was renamed as Allahabad High Court in 1919.
- It is one of the first high courts to be established in India.
- It is fourth-oldest High Court in India after Calcutta, Madras and Bombay established under Indian High Courts Act 1861.
- Today, it is the highest judicial body of Uttar Pradesh and it has also a bench in Lucknow.