The President is pleased to appoint Shri Justice Ajit Singh, Judge of the Rajasthan High Court, to be the Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court
- Justice Satish Kumar Mittal was sworn in as Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court. The oath was administered by Rajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh.
- Justice Ajit Singh was sworn in as Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court. The oath of office to the Chief Justice was administered by Assam Governor P B Acharya.
- The Gauhati High Court includes the High Courts of Assam, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Justice Ajit Singh of Rajasthan High Court has been elevated as Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court while Justice Satish Kumar Mittal of Punjab and Haryana High Court has been sent as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court.
- 71 additional judges of seven high courts were made permanent , 29 additional judges from the Bombay High Court, 13 from Calcutta, 11 from Andhra Pradesh/Telangana, 6 each from Kerala and Chhattisgarh, 5 from Karnataka and one from Patna stand elevated as permanent judges.
Justice Ajit Singh:
- Enrolled as Advocate on Practiced on Civil, Criminal and Constitutional sides in the High Court of Madhya Pradesh at Jabalpur.
- Appointed as Additional Judge of the High Court of Madhya Pradesh in 2002 and Permanent Judge on March 21, 2003.Transferred to Rajasthan High Court and took oath as Judge, Rajasthan High Court.