The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi appointed Ajay Kumar Bhalla as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) with immediate effect. He succeeds Rajiv Gauba who retires on August 31, 2019. A 1984-batch Assam- Meghalaya cadre Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer will serve in the office for 2 years till August 2021.Other Appointments:
- Atanu Chakraborty, a 1985-batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer, was appointed as new Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs. He will succeed Subhash Chandra Garg.
- Anil Kumar Khachi, a 1986-batch IAS from Himachal Pradesh cadre was appointed as the Secretary, Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) under Ministry of Finance succeeding Atanu Chakraborty.
- Subhash Chandra Garg, a 1983 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, was appointed as the Secretary of Ministry of Power. He will replace Ajay Kumar Bhalla.
- Anshu Prakash, 1986-batch Uttarakhand cadre IAS officer, was appointed as Secretary in the Department of Telecommunications.
- 1986-batch West Bengal cadre IAS officer, RS Shukla was appointed as Secretary, Parliamentary Affairs.
- Ravi Capoor, a 1986-batch Assam-Meghalaya cadre, was appointed as Secretary, Textiles.
- Atul Chaturvedi, 1986 batch, was appointed as Secretary to Animal Husbandry and Dairying department.
- Gujarat cadre officer P D Vaghela, 1986-batch, was appointed as the new Secretary in Department of Pharmaceuticals.
- Anuradha Mitra, Member (Finance), Digital Communications Commission, was appointed as the Secretary, Department of Official Language.
- G V Venugopala Sarma, IAS from Odisha cadre, was appointed as the Member Secretary, National Disaster Management Authority in the rank and pay of Secretary by temporarily upgrading the post.
- IAS from Gujarat, Guruprasad Mohapatra was appointed as Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade. He is the Chairman, Airports Authority of India in the Civil Aviation Ministry.
- 12 IAS officers of 1986-batch were upgraded to the level of Special Secretary in the rank and pay of Secretary. They are Anil Kumar Jain in the Environment Ministry, Subash Chandra in the Department of Defence, Sanjeev Nandan Sahai in the Power Ministry, Shambhu Singh in the Roads and Transport Ministry, Ravi Mittal in the Department of Financial Services, Pramod Kumar Das in the Department of Expenditure and Sanjeeva Kumar in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, IAS from Madhya Pradesh cadre S P Singh Parihar, Chairman, Central Pollution Control Board was given the rank and pay of Secretary.
- Rakesh Kumar Gupta, Jammu Kashmir cadre IAS officer, was appointed Secretary, Union Public Service Commission,
- Alok Vardhan Chaturvedi from Bihar cadre was appointed as the Director General in the Directorate General of Foreign Trade in the rank and pay of Secretary.
- Satbir Bedi, IAS from Uttarakhand cadre serving as Chairperson, National Council for Teacher Education was given the rank and pay of Secretary.
- Umesh Sinha, Uttar Pradesh cadre IAS, currently serving as Deputy Election Commissioner was given the rank and pay of Secretary.
♦ Headquarters: New Delhi
♦ Founded: 15 August 1947
♦ Minister In-charge: Amit Shah