Bharti Airtel signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) for the digital transformation of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in order to achieve the goal of “Atma Nirbhar Bharat”. With this MSMEs will be served with business automation and connectivity needs viz. data/voice connectivity, marketing solutions, cloud security and collaboration.
- It was signed by Pechimuthu Udayakumar, Director (Planning & Marketing), NSIC with Divya Sethi, Head – Emerging Business, Bharti Airtel.
- It should be noted that the MoU was signed under the NSIC’s ICT (Information and Communications Technology) Enabled Digital Services. Under this assistance, NSIC aggregates services of various technology providers as per the needs of MSME.
How will this MoU work?
Airtel will provide solutions to the digital connectivity and ICT needs of MSMEs. These solutions will be available through a single window i.e. NSIC’s online portal http://www.msmemart.com/as well as through NSIC’s field offices.
–Central Government is promoting and supporting the MSME sector by providing integrated support services viz. Marketing, Technology, Finance, among others.
–This collaboration will open an easier way of accessing ICT for millions of small and medium businesses.
Solution to be provided by Airtel as per MoU:
- Airtel Connectivity: Internet, Secure Internet, Dedicated Internet, Managed Wifi, VPN, Direct VPN, Intelligent VPN
- Airtel Landline: PRI & Toll-Free Calling solutions
- Airtel Mobile: Corporate Mobile Plans with bundled G-Suite
- Airtel Conferencing: Secure, simple and seamless meetings with Airtel BlueJeans
- Airtel Cloud: Private, Public and edge cloud solutions
- Airtel Secure: Integrated security solutions for businesses
- Airtel IoT: Utilizing the power of IoT to make businesses smarter
- Airtel IQ: cloud communication suite to transform customer engagement
Point to be noted:
MSMEs are an important part of Indian economy. With over 60 million business units, the sector contributes to 29% of India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product), 40% of exports and employs over 110 million people.
Recent Related News:
i.As Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) connecting Chennai – Andaman and Nicobar Islands (CANI), Airtel became the first mobile operator to launch ‘Ultra-Fast 4G’ services in the union territory (UT) of Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&NI).
ii.On 5th August 2020, Bharti Airtel announced the multi-year Strategic Collaboration Agreement (SCA) with Amazon Web Services(AWS) to provide a comprehensive set of cloud solutions to the large enterprises and Small and Medium Enterprises(SME) customers in India.
About National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC)
It is an ISO 9001:2015 certified Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
Chairman-Cum-Managing Director (CMD)– Vijayendra
Headquarter– New Delhi
About Bharti Airtel:
Chairman– Sunil Bharti Mittal
Headquarter– New Delhi