On April 14, 2020 Agriculture online trading portal Electronic- National Agriculture Market (e-NAM), completed 4 years of implementation. The Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) is the leading agency to implement it, under the assistance of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare of the Government of India.Key Points
- It was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 21 mandis on 14th April, 2016, currently there are 585 mandis across 16 States and 02 Union Territory (UTs) & also to expand to cover additional 415 mandis which will take the total number of e-NAM mandis to 1000 soon.
- It is an innovative initiative in the marketing of agriculture, to improve farmers’ access to many markets and buyers digitally and to bring transparency in trade transactions & also to realize the vision of “One Nation, One Market” for Agri-produce.
- Over 1.66 crore farmers and 1.28 Lakh traders have been registered on the platform, where farmers are free to register on the portal.
e-NAM platform/mobile app has “Farmers friendly” features like:
i.Early registration through the app, will reduce the wait time for farmers at the entrance of the mandi & will facilitate smooth Arrival recording at Gate.
ii.Farmers can now view quality reports On The Go (OTG) & can access the auction’s progress through their mobile, and farmers can get real-time information on prices at nearby Mandis.
iii.Additional OTG features are included for traders such as Buyers bidding from anywhere even without physically present in the mandi, e-NAM shopping Cart facility in Trader login among others.
iv.Electronic weighing scales have been provided to accurately weigh farmers’ products after bidding on e-Nam sites to bring transparency in weight.
v.Payment to farmers by traders is done by mobile phone using Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM).
Department has introduced new features for valuation to traders:
- 360 degree image capturing of the commodity heap through e-NAM mobile app.
- Examiner can upload 2/3 2D image of Laboratory with equipment.
- Upload 2D image of commodity sampling process for better confidence of trader on e-NAM.
Headquarters– New Delhi, India
Managing Director– Neelkamal Darbari, Indian Administrative Service(IAS)