On 21st October 2015 the Union Cabinet gives the approval for signing of an agreement between India and Egypt on Maritime Transport.
The agreement is signed to strengthen the cooperation in the shipping area between the two countries and also to provide sustained mutual assistance and advice on merchant shipping and other maritime matters.
Highlights of the Agreement
- Encourage and facilitate the development of maritime relationship in both countries
- Cooperation in the task of enhancing and stimulating steady growth of maritime traffic
- Exchange and training of staff and students from various maritime establishments
- Exchange-of information necessary for accelerating and facilitating the flow of commercial goods at sea and at ports
- Establishment of joint ventures in the fields of maritime transportation, shipbuilding and repairs, maritime training, information technology
- Development of simulators, port facilities and related maritime activities, etc.
The Agreement would be signed on a mutually convenient date and venue.