The National Snooker Championship Aditya Mehta won 2016 Championship by defeating Manan Chandra by 6-3 in the men’s final round of the National Snooker Championship 2016. The championship was held in Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
About Aditya Mehta
- Aditya Mehta was born on 31 October 1985 in Maharashtra.
- He is an Indian professional snooker player.
- Aditya began his professional career by playing Challenge Tour in 2004.
- He won a Silver and a Bronze medal in Men’s Snooker Team and Men’s Snooker Singles respectively, at the 2010 Asian Games held in Guangzhou, China.
- Mehta became the first Indian to reach the final of a ranking tournament in theIndian Open in 2013.
- Mehta made his first everMaximum break in professional competition in 2014.
About the 83rd edition of the National Snooker Championship
- Madhya Pradesh Billiards and Snooker Association organized the National Snooker Championship 2016 under Billiards and Snooker Federation of India.
- National Snooker Championship 2016 was the 83rd edition of Senior National Billiards and Snooker Championship.
- The championship was held from January 12, 2016 to January 31, 2016.
- Aditya Mehta won the men’s final round of the National Snooker Championship 2016 by defeating Manan Chandra by 6-3.
- Similarly Vidya Pillai won the women’s final round at National snooker championship 2016 by defeating Amee Kamani by 4-2.
- Keerath Bhandaal won the women’s billiards final round at National billiards Final by defeating Aranxta Sanchez by 3-1.