According to the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022, Gautam Adani and family has topped with an estimated wealth of Rs. 10,94,400 crore. His daily wealth creation estimated at Rs. 1,612 crore that showed 116 percent growth as compared with the 2021 list.
- Mukesh Ambani and family has been named as the 2nd richest in India with an estimated wealth of Rs. 7,94,700 crore and a growth of 11 percent compared with the 2021 list. His daily wealth creation velocity is Rs. 210 crore.
- Bengaluru -based Kaivalya Vohra, 19, of grocery delivery application Zepto is the youngest self-made and the youngest rich individual.
Top 5 richest people in the list:
|1||Gautam Adani and family||Rs. 10,94,400 crore|
|2||Mukesh Ambani and family||Rs. 7,94,700 crore|
|3||Cyrus Poonawalla and family||Rs.2,05,400 crore|
|4||Shiv Nadar||Rs. 1,85,800 crore|
|5||Radhakishan Damani & family||Rs. 1,75,100 crore|
i.India has 221 billionaires and Mumbai tops the India Rich list with 283 individuals, followed by New Delhi (185) and Bengaluru (89).
ii.The pharmaceuticals, chemical & petrochemicals, IT, and financial services are some of the key sectors that are contributing towards wealth creation.
Falguni Nayar Becomes India’s Self-made Richest Women
Nykaa Founder & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Falguni Nayar became India’s richest self-made woman by surpassing Biocon chief Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw in net worth.
- She is also the richest female in India, followed by Rekha Jhunjhunwala of Rare Enterprises.
- Neha Narkhede,an Indian-American from Pune, co-Founder of Confluent, a streaming data technology company,has been named the youngest self-made woman entrepreneur on the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022.
i.In terms of wealth addition, Falguni Nayar stood at the 5th position and was the only female on the list, following Gautam Adani, Mukesh Ambani and Cyrus S Poonawalla.
ii.She also stood 2nd in terms of Indians who saw the biggest percentage rise (up 345 per cent) in their wealth following Ravi Modi of Vedant Fashions(Manyavar), whose wealth rose 376 per cent.
Other Women in the list:
Neha Narkhede,an Indian-American from Pune, co-Founder of Confluent, a streaming data technology company,has been named the youngest self-made woman entrepreneur on the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022.
- Other prominent women in the top 100 included Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and family on the 34th position, with a net worth of Rs 37,200 crore; Radha Vembu of Zoho Corp ranked 50th.
India’s Rich Club Grows to 1,103 Crore; Zepto’s Kaivalya makes Debut
According to IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022, Kaivalya Vohra, co-founder of Zepto, a Bengaluru -based grocery delivery application becomes the youngest self-made rich individual.
- The rich list club of 1,103 Indians has increased with 149 new individuals from across 122 cities who cumulatively accumulated a wealth of Rs 100 trillion.
Biological E’s Mahima Datla Becomes the Richest Woman in Telangana
Mahima Datla and family, promoter of Biological E Limited became the richest woman of both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh (AP) with a wealth of Rs 8,700 crore and holds 10th position in the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022.
i.Murali Divi and family, promoters of Divi’s Laboratories holds 1st positin in the overall state list of AP & Telangana with Rs 56,200 crore wealth followed by B Parthasaradhi Reddy of Hetero in 2nd position with a wealth of Rs 39,200 crore and M Satyanarayana Reddy of MSN labs in 3rd position with Rs 16,000 crore wealth.
ii.Krishna Ella, chairman and managing director (MD) of Bharat Biotech International Limited and his family for the first time figured in the list with estimated wealth of Rs 4,700 crore and holds 18th position in the list.
Chemical Industry Adds 20 New Faces Among 149 to the Hurun’s Rich List
As per the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022, chemicals are the fastest growing industry which added 20 new faces among the list of 149 new additions in the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022.
- These 149 new faces had a cumulative net worth of about Rs. 3,18,200 crore.
i.The pharmaceuticals sector has gained the most number of dollar billionaires with 36 entrepreneurs followed by Chemicals & Petrochemicals with 23 entrepreneurs and Software & Services with 21 entrepreneurs.
ii.Some of the entrepreneurs in major companies under chemicals and petrochemicals segments in the list include Hinduja’s SP Hinduja & family at 7th rank with a wealth of Rs. 1,65,000 crore; Asian Paints’ Ashwin Dani & family at 13th rank with a wealth of Rs. 71,600 crore and such others.
About IIFL Wealth:
MD & CEO – Karan Bhagat
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra