Wipro has just appointed a Chief Operating Officer (COO), former TCS BPO head Abid Ali Neelmuchwala.
Abid Ali Neelmuchwala, 48, will be group president and COO with effect from April 1, 2015.
As Wipro COO Neemuchwala will head most service lines, he will head business operations, geographies comprising continental Europe, Africa and Latinm America, and Startegic Engagements.
About Abid Ali Neelmuchwala.
- Abid Ali Neemuchwala completed his Masters in Industrial Management from IIT, Mumbai
- He did Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication from National Institute of Technology, Raipur, India.
- He was BPO head in Tata Consultancy Service (TCS).
- Under Neemuchwala, the business process unit’s contribution to TCS revenues rose to 12% in 2013-14 from 6.9% in 2008-09. TCS reported revenues of $13.4 billion for FY14.
- Abid Ali Neemuchwala has worked closely with most of the clients in TCS’ biggest market — the US- as the VP of global delivery and service.
- He was also part of the Process Excellence Group, a team of TCS that institutionalizes processes that deliver better service. Strong operating efficiency and processes have been key to TCS’ long streak of outperformance in the IT industry.