The largest fair on Food & Hospitality Sector in India, AAHAR 2016 was inaugurated by Hon. Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Ms. Harsimrat Kaur Badal on March 15, 2016. It is the 31st edition in this series.
ABOUT THE FAIR
- Largest show of its kind in South Asia
- Organized by India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO), supported by the respective ministries
- Aim: A growth propelling event to promote Brand India on a global platform
- 872 Exhibitors including foreign participants from 22 countries
- Visitors – 44,665 nos
- Foreign Business Delegations from USA, UAE, Singapore, Bangladesh, Nepal etc
- Foreign companies represented – Australia, Afghanistan, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Japan, Korea and USA among others
- High level of satisfaction with 98% of exhibitors desiring repeat participation in AAHAR 2016
- This will cover two separate but concurrent exhibitions:
- “Hospitality India” covering Hotel & Restaurant Equipment and Supplies
- “Food India” covering Foods, Processed Foods, Food Processing & Beverages
Some of the initiatives take this year are:
- New & Young Entrepreneurs from India being offered booths at 50% rebate, in accordance with the T&Cs.
- Increase in exhibition area to meet the overwhelming demand of applicants.
- Focused initiatives to bring more overseas delegations, buyers & exhibitors to the event.
- Match-making services to facilitate efficient interaction between buyers & exhibitors