Government has approved seven textile parks under SITP (Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks) in Rajasthan to generate jobs and attract investments at Vastra-2015 scheduled from 28th to 30th September, an international textile and apparel fair in Sitapura, Jaipur. After Gujarat and Maharashtra, Rajasthan is approved as a would be textile hub.
(Rajasthan CM – Vasundhara Raje)
(Union Minister of State for Textile – Santosh Gangwar)
For each SITP – Rs 40 crore to the state for textile parks
- MOU was signed for Rs 300 crore between VICO Infrastructure of Anaadih Group, Kolkata and RIICO to set up a garment park at Prahaladpur, Jaipur which would provide employment to over 6,000 people.
- The Centre has also approved one Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP) in Balotra for textile industries
- There will be separate projects of textile industry related works and plans of Sanganer (Jaipur), Pali, Bhilwara.
ABOUT VASTRA – 2015
- VASTRA – 2015 is the 4th edition. It was started in 2012
- Vastra-2015 is being organised by the Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation Ltd (RIICO). The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is co-organiser of the event, which is supported by the Government of Rajasthan and the Union Ministry of Textiles.
- It is trade fair and conference on Textiles and Apparel showing fusion textile products from fibre, fashion, services and technology.
- Rajasthan CM announced to organise a heritage fashion show in Jaipur. The first fashion show, to be held in December, that will promote traditional textile like Khadi and Kota Doria.
- Resurgent Rajasthan Partnership Summit, to be held on November 19 and 20.