56 Indian Companies listed in Forbes Global 2000 ranking and Indian Companies have enhanced their ranking compared to last year showing faster Economic Growth in India
- The Top 10 Companies on the list from India remain the same as compared to the year 2015
- Reliance Industries Limited ranked 1st in India Firm Category MukeshAmbani led Reliance Industries Limited ranked 121st Position which was improved from 142nd Rank in 2015 on the Global List
- Continued to be the top ranked and most valuable Indian Company with a market worth of $50.6 billion
- State Bank of India ranked 149 globally and 2nd position in India
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation ranked 220 globally and 3rd Position national
- India Largest Private banking Companies ICICI Bank held 266 rank and HDFC held 275 globally and clinched Fourth and Fifth among Indian Companies respectively.
The progress is due to increase in Market value of the companies
- Auto Arm Tata Motors and Software services ranked Sixth among Indian Companies and 278 Rank globally
- In 2015 it held the position of Fourth among Indian Companies and 263rd globally
- There is decline in the position due to sliding market share in the Passengers Cars Market, but its commercial vehicles business has seen a gradual increase due to increase in Industrial Activity in Industrial Sectors.
Larsen and Tourbo ranked 505 on the Forbes Global List
The National Democratic Alliance government laid the foundation for future growth over the last couple of years. The remaining three years of NDA government will need to work of implementation of reforms across sectors and overcoming political opposition to enable the same.
Indian Firms and their Rankings
|Larsen and Turbo||505|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||899|
|Mahindra and Mahindra||901|
Chinese banks held on to the top three spots in the list
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- China Construction Bank
- Agricultural Bank of China