The film “The Assassin” by the veteran Taiwanese director Hou Hsiao-hsien has clinched five awards, at the 52nd Golden Horse Awards which is considered as the most prestigious and time-honored film awards in the world of Chinese language cinema.
- It won best director and best feature film, best cinematography, best makeup and costume design and best sound effects.
- “The Assassin” is a martial art film, featuring a trained female killer who is faced with an impossible choice between love and duty.
- The Golden Horse awards are considered the equivalents of the Oscars for Chinese-language movies.
|Best Actor||FENG Xiao-Gang||Mr. Six|
|Best Actress||Karena LAM||Zinnia Flower|
|Best Director||Hou Hsiao-hsien||The Assassin|
|Best Feature Film||The Assassin||The Assassin|
|Best New Director||BI Gan||Kaili Blues|
|Best original screenplay||Jiang Zhengke||Mountains May Depart|
About Golden Horse Film Awards
The Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival and Awards is a film festival and awards ceremony held annually in Taiwan. It was founded by Government Information Office of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Establishment – 1962
- Awarded for – Excellence in Chinese-language cinema
- Presented by – Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival Executive Committee