“360 One Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2023”, the 12th–anniversary edition of Hurun India Rich List released in association with 360 One Wealth, is topped by Mukesh Ambani(66), Chairman of Reliance Industries limited(RIL).
- Mukesh Ambani has regained the title as India’s richest man with a wealth of Rs 8,08,700 crore.
- Gautam Adani(61), Chairman of the Adani Group, is ranked 2nd with a wealth of Rs 474800 crore. In 2022 Adani topped the list, he was ahead of Ambani by a wealth gap of Rs 3 lakh crore.
- With a wealth of Rs 2,78,500 crore, Cyrus Poonawalla (82) retained the third position in the list.
i.The list featured 1,319 individuals from 138 different cities with Rs 1,000 crore, a surge by 219 i.e. a rise of 76% over five years. This is the first time that the 1300 mark was broke.
ii.India has added 38 billionaires to its rich list, taking the total tally to 259.
Top 5 in the 360 One Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2023
|Rank||Individual||Company||Wealth Estimate (Rs/INR)|
|1||Mukesh Ambani||RIL||8,08,700 crore|
|2||Gautam Adani||Adani Group||4,74,800 crore|
|3||Cyrus Poonawalla||Serum Institute of India||2,78,500 crore|
|4||Shiv Nadar||HCL Technologies||2,28,900 crore|
|5||Gopichand Hinduja||Hinduja Group||1,76,500 crore|
i.Manish Kejriwal of Kedaara Capital becomes the first Indian private equity fund manager on the list with Rs 3,000 crore net worth.
ii.The youngest on the list is 20-year-old Zepto Founder Kaivalya Vohra.
iii.At the age of 94, Mahendra Ratilal Mehta, founder of Precision Wires India Company, debuted on the 360 One Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2023.
iv.With 133 entrepreneurs, the pharmaceutical sector contributed the most individuals to India Rich List 2023.
- It is followed by chemicals & petrochemicals (110) and industrial products (94).
v.With 328 individuals, Mumbai, Maharashtra tops 360 One Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2023, followed by New Delhi, Delhi (199) and Bengaluru, Karnataka (100).
Radha Vembu Richest self-made woman in India:
Radha Vembu(50), product manager of Zoho, overtakes Falguni Nayar (60) of Nykaa to become the richest self-made Indian woman with a net worth of Rs 36,000 crore.
- She is ranked 40th on the list while Falguni Nayar ranked 86th with a net worth of Rs 22,500 crore.
- Co-founder of Confluent, a streaming data technology company, Neha Narkhede aged 38 is the youngest self-made woman entrepreneur in the list.
Ratan Tata Becomes “Most Followed Entrepreneur”:
According to the 360 One Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2023, with 12.6 million followers on Twitter, Ratan Tata (84) is the most followed entrepreneur on the Indian social media.
- Anand Mahindra is the 2nd most followed entrepreneur with 10.8 million followers.
- Acharya Balkrishna, chairman of Patanjali Ayurved is 3rd with 6.6 million followers and Sundar Pichai, chief executive officer of Alphabet Inc and Google is 4th with 5.3 million followers.
i.The cumulative wealth of 360 One Wealth Hurun India Rich Listers grows to Rs 109 lakh crore, a rise of 8.5% from 2022. It is more than the combined Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Singapore, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Saudi Arabia.
ii.The list also introduces 278 new entrants, with a total wealth of Rs 7,28,200 crore.
- 67% of new faces this year are self-made.
iii.The list features 84 startup founders, with a cumulative wealth of Rs 4,23,600 crore and an average age of 41.
iv.There are 12 individuals with worth Rs 1 lakh crore or more.
v.A record 871 entrepreneurs or 66% are self-made in the list, up from 735 in 2022.
vi.The average age of the list is 63 while the average age of women in the list is 62.
vii.With an increase in wealth of 321%, Gauri Shankar Agarwala & family of CMR Green Technologies is the biggest gainer in the list followed by Mahabir Prasad Jalan & family (287%) of Ramkrishna Forgings Ltd.
- Cyrus S Poonawalla and Shiv Nadar are the biggest gainers in terms of absolute wealth.
viii.14 professional managers made it to the list.
- With INR 15,800 crore, CEO of Arista Networks Jayshree Ullal, 62, is the richest among the professional managers.
xi.Ramesh Kunhikannan’s Kaynes Technology made a stock market debut with a wealth of Rs 8,200 crore.
About Hurun India:
Managing Director and Chief Researcher– Anas Rahman Junaid
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra