The annual Surajkund International Crafts Mela is inaugurated by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in Faridabad. This year is the 30th edition of the Surajkund International Crafts Mela. The event will continue till 15 February.
Aim: To promote handicrafts -handlooms and to set the environment according to the Indian tradition.
- The main attractions of the fair are the Rich showcase of regional and international crafts and traditions.
- The Craft Mela celebrates the Indian folk traditions and cultural heritage.
- The Surajkund Mela is the largest crafts fair in the world with unique and diversity of the handicrafts, handlooms and cultural fabric of India.
- The Surajkund Mela is planned by the Surajkund Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs.
- This year Telangana is selected as the Theme State and the last year Chhattisgarh was selected as the Theme State for the 29th Surajkund International Crafts Mela.
- All the states of India and nearby 20 countries from the world participate in the Mela.
- China and Japan are the Focus Nation for the 30th Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2016 by presenting their talented.
- This 15 day Mela take up the place of pride and eminence among the international tourist by attracting more than a million domestic and foreign visitors.
- The first edition of the Surajkund Crafts Mela was hosted in 1987.