The 2nd Good Governance Week (Sushasan Saptah) is being observed from 19th to 25th December 2022 by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
- The theme of Good Governance Week 2022 is – “Prashasan Gaon Ki Ore”
Good Governance Week 2021 was celebrated as a part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebration, from 20th to 26th December 2021.
The theme of Good Governance Week 2021 was “Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur”.
i.On 19th December 2022, Dr Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions inaugurated the 5 days Prashasan Gaon ki Ore campaign, Nationwide campaign for Redressal of Public Grievances and Improving Service Delivery during the event held in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, Delhi.
- He also launched the ‘Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur’ 2022 (www.pgportal.gov.in/GGW22), a dedicated portal for the District Collectors to upload progress along with Good Governance Practices and video clips.
ii.The campaign was launched to commemorate the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- In India, the 25th of December is celebrated as ‘Good Governance Day,’ commemorating the birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
‘Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur’ 2022 campaign:
During the 5 days ‘Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur’ 2022 campaign, 3,120 New Services identified by District Collectors across the country will be added for Online Service Delivery.
The ‘Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur’ 2022 campaign is expected to create a National Movement for good governance in furtherance of the initiative towards a citizen-centric approach of governance.
- Over 700 District Collectors will be participating in the Campaign and officials will be visiting Tehsils and Panchayat Samiti Headquarters.
- This marks the 2nd time in the Amrit Kaal Period that the Government of India is conducting a National Campaign at the Tehsil level to address Public Grievances and Improving Service Delivery.
The campaign will be conducted with a focus on the following issues,
- Redressal of pending public grievances in CPGRAMS
- Redressal of public grievances in the State portals
- No. of services added for online service delivery
- Disposal of Service Delivery applications
- Collation of Good Governance practices and their dissemination
- Sharing of one success story per district on the resolution of public grievances
i.The Annual Report on CPGRAMS(Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System) for 2022 to reflect the progress the Nation has made in Redressal of Public Grievances in 2022 was released during the event.
ii.He also inaugurated the Exhibition on Good Governance Practices.
i.The Preparatory Phase of the Good Governance Week 2022 was held from December 10-18, 2022.
ii.District Collectors have identified 81,27,944 applications for Service Delivery to be disposed of, along with 19,48,122 Public Grievances to be redressed in State Grievance Portals.
Other Identified targets:
|Grievances Redressed in CPGRAMS||31,980|
|Number of New Services added for Online Service Delivery||3120|
|Best Good Governance Practices||373|
|Success Stories in Public Grievances||43|
i.On 23rd December 2022, A workshop on District Level Innovations will be conducted under the chairmanship of the District Collector will be organised in District.
ii.This workshop will focus on District level innovations
373 District Level Innovations have been identified for presentation in the District level workshops
About Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions:
Union Minister– Narendra Modi (Constituency- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State– Dr Jitendra Singh(Constituency- Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir)