2017 Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) International Convention was held in the San Diego Convention Centre, San Diego, US from 19th June to 22nd June, 2017.
- Indian delegation taking part in 2017 BIO International Convention, was led by Y S Chowdary, Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences.
- As a part of his program, Mr. Chowdary visited Jacob School of Engineering, University of California San Diego Campus on 19thJune, 2017 to interact with Indian students and the local faculty.
- During his address to students, Mr. Chowdary informed that the Indian Government had several prestigious schemes like Ramalingaswamy Fellowship; DST Inspire, DBT-Welcome Trust Fellowship and Innovative Young Biotechnologist. Award (IYBA) to name a few among such schemes that facilitate the re-entry of Indian researchers working abroad into India who are desirous of pursuing post-doctoral research in the country.
INDIA PAVILION at the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) International Convention & Exhibition San Diego, USA
The Indian Pavilion at BIO International Convention & Exhibition 2017, San Diego, US was inaugurated by the Minister of State for S&T and Earth Sciences, Y S Chowdary.
- The MAKE IN INDIA theme has been emphasized in the Indian Pavilion.
- Y S Chowdary also released a 60-page India Biotech Handbook 2017, showcasing the strengths of India’s fast-growing $42 billion Bio-Economy.
About BIO International Convention:
BIO International Convention is hosted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO).
- It is the largest global event for the biotechnology industry and attracts the biggest names in biotech, offers key networking and partnering opportunities, and provides insights and inspiration on the major trends affecting the industry.
- First BIO International Convention was held in 1993 and attracted approximately 1,400 attendees.
- 16000+ individuals from 76 countries attended BIO International Convention.