The 2015 BWF World Junior Championships was held in Lima, Peru from 4 – 15 November 2015 as the 17th tournament of the BWF World Junior Championships.
- Participants – China, Malaysia, Chinese, Taipei, Indonesia, India, Japan, Thailand
- India has bagged one silver medal while China won a total of 7 medals overall which includes 4 gold medals.
15 years old Indian Shuttler Siril Verma clinched silver medal in boys’ singles event after defeated by Chinese Taipei’s Chia Hung Lu. He trains at the Pullela Gopichand Academy.
- He defeated The Netherland’s Niels Veenstra, France’s Thomas Baures, Thailand’s Kantaphon Wangcharoen, Denmark’s Anders Antonsen, Malaysia’s Satheishtharan R and Thailand’s Adulrach Namkul to reach the finals.
- With this medal, Siril now joins the elite list of Indians – Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu, RMV Gurusaidutt, HS Prannoy and Sameer Verma, who have won medals for India in the Junior World Championships.
List of winners in different categories
|Boys’ Singles||Lu Chia-hung||Chinese Taipei|
|Girls’ Singles||Goh Jin Wei||Malaysia|
|Boys’ doubles||He Jiting and Zheng Siwei||China|
|Girls’ doubles||Chen Qingchen and Jia Yifan||China|
|Mixed doubles||Zheng Siwei and Chen Qingchen||China|
About BWF World Junior Championships
The BWF World Junior Championships is a 12 days annually event consists of two separate events – team event for Suhandinata Cup and individual event for Eye Level Cups.
- The BWF World Junior Championships was first hosted in Jakarta in 1992.
- A cash prize of USD36, 000 is also given away as scholarship to all the winners.