Two Indian-origin businessmen have been ranked by Forbes magazine among the richest entrepreneurs in America under the age of 40.
- List has been topped by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
- Vivek Ramaswamy (30), founder of “Roivant Sciences” has been ranked at 33rd position with net worth of $500 mn.
- Apoorva Mehta (29), founder and CEO “Instacart” ranked at 40th position with net worth of $400 mn.
Top 10 in the list
|Rank||Name||Net Worth (Billion)||Source|
|4||Garrett Camp||$6||Uber Technologies|
|4||Travis Kalanick||$6||Uber Technologies|
|6||Elizabeth Holmes||$4.5||Blood testing|
- Elizabeth Holmes is the only woman to make in the list
- All of the young entrepreneurs in the list have net worth of USD 400 million or more and 34 made their money in the tech sector.
- 21 are billionaires and many either created or work for some of the hottest tech companies.
- List’s youngest member is Palmer Luckey, who was just 21 years old when he sold his virtual reality equipment company Oculus to Facebook for USD 2.3 billion in July 2014 and having net worth of $ 700 mn.
About Vivek Ramaswamy
He is a former hedge fund partner and made initial public offering of his Axovant Sciences, a company that is trying to develop a new Alzheimer’s drug.
- Ramaswamy is the founder of Roivant Sciences, a holding company that aims to buy the world’s forgotten and abandoned drugs from big pharmaceutical companies and develop them through subsidiaries like Axovant.
About Apoorva Mehta
He is CEO of grocery deliver service Instacart, is one of Silicon Valley’s youngest immigrant success stories. In 2012, he cofounded Instacart.
- Customers can order groceries through a mobile app and Instacart contractors will deliver in just an hour or two, with fees typically under $10.
- In January 2015, the company raised $220 million at a $2 billion valuation.