For the second time the Narendra Modi lead NDA government expanded its council of ministers by inducting 19 new Minister of State (MOS) in order to exercise the various schemes and services promised through the Union Budget 2016.
- Honorable President Pranab Mukherjee administered the new ministers’ oath of office and secrecy at Rashtrapathi Bhavan on July 5th
- Among these 19 all are new faces. 17 members are from BJP party and one each from RPI & Apna dal party.
- Apart from this, Prakash Javdekar, Honorable Minister of State foresty, environment and climate change (independent charge) has been escalated from MOS into Cabinet rank.
- According to the Article 75, the number of Council of Ministers should not exceed 82. But after this ministerial expansion the number of union ministers surpassed to 83 breaking the constitutional sealing limits.
- Prakash Javadekar Promoted to HRD Minister, Replaces Smriti Irani
- Smriti Irani – Textiles
- Arun Jaitley loses Information & Broadcasting retains Finance Ministry, Corporate Affairs
- Sadananda Gowda – Statistics and Programme implementation
- SS Ahluwalia Appointed MoS Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Parliamentary Affairs
- Vijay Goel – MoS Youth Affairs, Sports
- Ramdas Athawale – Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry
- M J Akbar Congress MP to MoS External Affairs
- Ananth Kumar – Parliamentary Affairs Minister
- Venkaiah Naidu – I&B Minister
- Ravi Shankar Prasad – Law Minister
- Anil Madhav Dave – Environment Minister
- Babul Supriyo – Urban Development Minister
- Krishna Raj an MP from Shahjahanpur. With her, the number of women in PM Modi’s cabinet is seven
- 5 – Ministers, Nihal Chand, Ram Shankar Katheria, Sanwar Lal Jat, Manuskhbhai D Vasva and M K Kundariya – dropped from PM Narendra Modi’s council of Ministers.
The entire list of the newly appointed ministers is listed below:-
|S NO.||MINISTER’S NAME||STATE||CONSTITUENCY|
|1||Mr. Ajay Tamta||Uttarakhand||Almora|
|2||Mr. Anil Madhav Dave||Madhya Pradesh||Rajya Shaba MP|
|3||Mr. Arjun Ram Meghwal||Rajasthan||Bikaner|
|4||Mr. Chottu Ram Chaudry||Rajasthan||Nagaur|
|5||Dr. Subhash Bhamre||Maharashtra||Dhule|
|6||Mr. Faggan Singh Kulaste||Madhya Pradesh||Mandla|
|7||Mr. Jasvantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor||Gujarat||Dahod|
|8||Mrs. Krishna Raj||Uttar Pradesh||Shajahanpur|
|9||Mr. Mahendra nath pandey||Uttar Pradesh||Chanduali|
|10||Mr. Manshuk L MMandaviya||Gujarat||Rajya Shaba|
|11||Mr. MJ Akbar||Madhya Pradesh||Rajya Shaba|
|12||Mr. PP Choudhary||Rajasthan||Pali|
|13||Mr. Parshottam Rupala||Gujarat||BJP’s Vice President|
|14||Mr. Rajen Gohain||Assam||Nowgong|
|15||Mr. RC Jigajinagi||Karnataka||Bijapur|
|16||Mr. SS Ahluwalia||West Bengal||Darjeeling|
|17||Mr. Vijay Goel||Rajasthan||Rajya Shaba|
|18||Mr. Ramdas Athawale||Maharashtra||Leader of RPI Party|
|19||Mrs. Anupriya Patel||Uttar Pradesh||Leader of Apna Dal|