The 18th National Conference on e-Governance was concluded in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The conference was organized for two days. Important topics such as Skill Development and Employability, Partnership with Industry, New Business Model and Service Delivery were discussed in the conference.
The Conference was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Gujarat, Anandiben Patel. The Organizers are,
- Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG)
- Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DEITY)
- Government of India in collaboration with the Department of Science & Technology
- Government of Gujarat.
Theme of this conference was Digital Governance-New Frontier
Knowledge is Wealth
- The National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) has been formulated by the DEITY and DARPG.
- The approach and methodology adopted for NeGP contains
- Common Support Infrastructure
- Centralised Initiative, Decentralised Implementation
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Integrative Elements
- Programme Approach at the National and State levels
- According to the UN E-Government Survey 2014, India stands at 118th position out of 193 countries with an E-Government Development Index of 0.3834.