The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs organized 16th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference & Exhibition 2023 in collaboration with the Institute of Urban Transport (India) and with the support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. The event took place from October 27th to 29th, 2023, at the Manekshaw Centre, Parade Road, Delhi Cantt, New Delhi, Delhi.
- The exhibition showcased the best practices in urban transport in India and abroad, as well as the latest urban transport technologies, services, and related fields, making it an integral part of the UMI Conference held annually.
Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference & Exhibition 2023:
The event saw the participation of around 22 exhibitors from Metro Rail Companies, public and private sectors.
- Inaugurated by: Shri Hardeep Singh Puri. (Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs and Petroleum and Natural Gas)
- Theme: Integrated and Resilient Urban Transport
Awards were presented to state/city authorities for their outstanding urban transport projects in various categories, as recommended by the Awards Selection Committee and accepted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs:
- City with the Best Public Transport System
- City with the Best Non-Motorized Transport System
- City with the Most Innovative Financing Mechanism
- City with Best Record of Public Involvement in its Transport Planning
- City with the Best Green Transport Initiative
- Metro Rail with the Best Multimodal Integration
- Metro Rail with the Best Passenger Services and Satisfaction
- Running trophy for the State/UT that has Implemented the Best Urban Transport.
List of Awards:
|Trophy for best research paper||First Prize||Aishree Boruah, IIT Hyderabad (Telangana)||–|
|Second Prize||Karthika P Sobhana, IISC Bangalore (Karnataka)||–|
|Third Prize||Dilawaiz Ali, NIT Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir)||–|
|Certificate for Innovation (Government of India in collaboration with|
GIZ India, Winners are being awarded in 3 different categories)
|Award for Best Innovative Solution||PotHoleRaja||Urban Mobility India Innovation Challenge|
|Award for Best Sustainable Solution||Namma Yatri||–|
|Award for the UMI innovation Challenge||Microgrid Labs India||–|
|Trophy for best Exhibition in the Conference & Expo||First Prize||Coral Telecom Limited and Sparsh||–|
|Second prize||Bharat Electronics Limited||–|
|Third prize||Kochi Metro Rail Limited||–|
|Awards for “Excellence in Urban Transport”|
|City with the Best Public Transport System||Srinagar Smart City Limited||Srinagar’s Multimodal Transport System project|
|City with the Best Non-Motorized Transport System||Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation||NMT friendly Pimple Saudagar Neighbourhood project|
|City with the Most Innovative Financing Mechanism||Jabalpur City Transport Services Limited||Financial Mechanism for Sustainable City Bus Services project|
|City with Best Record of Public Involvement in its Transport Planning||Sustainable Transport and Efficient Mobility Society (STEMS), East Khasi Hills (Shilong)||Shared Commuter Service project|
|City with the Best Green Transport Initiative||Kochi Metro Rail Limited||Kochi Water Metro project|
|Metro Rail with Best Multimodal Integration||Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA)||Multi Modal Integration Project for 30 Stations of Mumbai metro Line 2A & 7|
|Metro Rail with Best Passenger Services and Satisfaction||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.||Delhi Metro Rail project jointly with Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. for their Lucknow Metro Rail project)|
|Running trophy for the State/UT which has implemented BEST URBAN TRANSPORT PROJECTS previous year||Capital Region Urban Transport (CRUT)||Mo Bus & Mo E-Ride|
IIT –Indian Institutes of Technology
IISC – Indian Institute of Science
NIT – National Institute of Technology
About UMI Conference cum Exhibition
The Urban Mobility India ( UMI ) Conference cum Exhibition was initiated by the erstwhile Ministry of Urban Development now Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Government of India in 2008 to provide a platform for churning out thoughts/ideas, promoting best practices across India and in different parts of the world to carve out the way forward for improving urban mobility in the country.
- The 15th UMI Conference cum Exhibition 2022 took place from November 4th to 6th, 2022, in Kochi, Kerala.
About Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs:
Union Minister – Hardeep Singh Puri, (Rajya Sabha Constituency – Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Kaushal Kishore (Mohanlalganj, Uttar Pradesh)