The 15th National Youth Athletics Championships were held at Manjalpur Sports Complex in Vadodara from July 21- 23 , 2018.
It was organized by Gujarat State Amateur Athletics Association under Athletics Federation of India.
- Dhanvir and 100 meter hurdles gold medalist Aparna Roy were declared as ‘best athletes’ of the meet.
- Haryana won the team championships title with 165 points. Kerala came second with 150.
- Haryana athlete Mohit Kumar set national record in the men’s decathlon by talling 6707 points at the end of the ten events to erase the old mark of 6618 points set by A Sangwan last year.
- Rakesh Gond set a youth national record of clearing a height of 4.90m to erase the national mark of 4.75m set by Kanhaiya Singh in 2017..
- The Punjab athlete, Dhanvir Singh, scripted a record in the 5th attempt by throwing 19.69 meters,the previous record was set by set by Navtejdeep Singh in 2011, when he had thrown 19.34 meters.
- Kerala’s Vishnu Priya broke the women’s 400 meter hurdles record after she clocked 1:02.52 seconds. The previous meet record was scripted by PO Sanya in 2015, when she had set a time of 1:02.58 seconds.
About Athletics Federation of India:
- Founded: 1946.
- Founder: Prof. GD Sondhi, Maharaja Yadvindra Singh.
- President: Adille Sumariwalla.
- Secretary General: C K Valson.
- It is the apex body in Athletics in India and is responsible for conducting Competitions in the country.
The list of Winners are:
|Sl no.||Event Name||Winner (Boys)||Winner (Girls)|
|1||100m Run||Rahul Sharma (Uttar Pradesh)||Josna Simov Mangalawadk (Karnataka)|
|2||200m Run||Shashikanth. V.A (Karnataka)||Ancy Sojan (Kerala)|
|3||400m Run||Abhishek Mathew (Kerala)||Ritika Negi (Delhi)|
|Vaseem Tomar (Uttar Pradesh)||Pooja (Haryana)|
|5||1500m Run||Ajay (Haryana)||Pooja (Haryana)|
|6||3000m Run||Sunil Singh (Madhya Pradesh)||Ankita Dhyani(Uttrakhand)|
|7||76.2CM 100m Hurdles||Aparna Roy (Kerala)|
|8||76.2CM 400m Hurdles||Vishnu Priya J (Kerala)|
|9||76.2CM 2000m Steeplechase||Kajal Sharma (Uttar Pradesh)|
|10||91.4CM 110m Hurdles||Punga Soren (Odisha)|
|11||84.0CM 400m Hurdles||Rohith A (Kerala)|
|12||84.0CM 2000m Steeplechase||Md.Noor Hasan (Uttar Pradesh)|
|13||High Jump||Robindeep Singh Sran (Punjab)||S.B. Supriya (Karnataka)|
|14||Pole Vault||Rakesh Gond (Uttar Pradesh)||Sreelakshmi R (Kerala)|
|15||Long Jump||Bhupender Singh (Haryana)||Sandra Babu (Kerala)|
|16||Triple Jump||Gokul K (Tamil Nadu)||Sandra Babu (Kerala)|
|17||3.0KG Shot Put||Pooja (Haryana)|
|18||5.0KG Shot Put||Dhanvir Singh (Punjab)|
|19||1.0KG Discus Throw||Pooja (Haryana)|
|20||1.5KG Discus Throw||Aniket Kala (Uttrakhand)|
|21||3.0KG Hammer Throw||Kashish Singh (Uttar Pradesh)|
|22||5.0KG Hammer Throw||Updesh Singh (Uttar Pradesh)|
|23||500G Javelin Throw||Jyoti (Haryana)|
|24||700G Javelin Throw||Rohit Yadav (Uttar Pradesh)|
|25||5000m Race Walk||Munita Prajapati (Madhya Pradesh)|
|26||10000m Race Walk||Sanjay Kumar (Haryana)|
|27||1000m MEDLAY RELAY||Abhinav C
Abdul Razak C R
Sandra A S
|29||Heptathlon||Anudhra K R (Kerala)|