On October 10, 2019, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the 13th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare (CCHWF) for 2019 in New Delhi.
- Objective: To build a consensus on National wealth priorities.
- NHP goal: The goal of healthcare spending of the National Health Policy (NHP) 2017 is to reach 2.5% of GDP (Gross Domestic Product) by 2025. So, the minister requested the Health Ministers from States/ Union Territories (UTs) to increase healthcare spending to a minimum 8% of their State budget.
- 4 pillars of healthcare: The conference was conducted on the 4 pillars of health care namely Universal Health Coverage (UHC), Mission mode interventions, Quality and accessible affordable healthcare services and Adequate Infrastructure.
- SUMAN: A new initiative – ‘Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan (SUMAN)’ for Zero Preventable Maternal and Newborn Deaths, its website and the grievance redressal portal was launched on the occasion.
- Reports: A Report on National Diabetes & Diabetic Retinopathy Survey India 2015-19 and Report on National Blindness & Visual Impairment Survey India 2015-19 prepared with the support of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi was launched as the day marked the World Sight day.
- Other initiatives: The minister unveiled two info-leaflets on Suicide Prevention to mark the World Mental Health Day; Guidelines on Drugs and Diagnostic Service Initiative; Guidelines for Biomedical Equipment Management & Maintenance Program; and the Guidelines for Peritoneal Dialysis under Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis Program.
- Advisory body: The Council of Health and Family Welfare is an apex advisory body for all matters concerning Health and Family Welfare. Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare is the Chairperson, Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare is the Vice-Chairperson, it also consists of members from different areas.
- Other members: Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State (MoS) (HFW), Dr V K Paul, Member (Health), Niti Aayog, Ms. Preeti Sudan, Secretary (HFW), Dr Sanjay Tyagi, DGHS ( Directorate General of Health Services), MoHFW; and Health Ministers from 13 states, Health Secretaries from various States and senior officers of MoHFW, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India) and representatives from various Development Partners were present.
♦ Headquarters: New Delhi