The NASSCOM (The National Association of Software and Services Companies) 10K Start-up Program in partnership with the Telangana government inaugurated the T-Hub NASSCOM Start-up Warehouse in Hyderabad.
What is startup warehouse?
It is an incubator and co-working space for technology startups and early stage product companies at a reasonable cost.
- The warehouse allows them to work for 6-12 months.
- During this time, these startups can give demos and pitch to investors, large corporate’s, other accelerators/incubators and individual mentors.
- The first startup warehouse was set up in Bangalore in 2013, followed by other cities including Kolkata, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Kochi and Gurgaon.
About 10K Startups Program:
The 10,000 Startups was an ambitious programme initiated by Nasscom to scale up the start-up ecosystem in India by ten-fold over the next 10 years.
- The initiative seeks to bring together key stake holders of the ecosystem including start-up incubators, accelerators, angel investors, venture capitalists, start-ups, support groups, mentors, and technology corporations.
- It is supported by Google, Microsoft, IBM, AWS and Kotak.
T-Hub is a public/private partnership between the government of Telangana, three of India’s premier academic institutes (IIIT-H, ISB & NALSAR) and key private sector leaders.
- It is an incubation center that aims to be a catalyst in building and strengthening Hyderabad and Telangana startup ecosystem.
- The Telangana government has announced $100 Mn venture capital fund.