Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot has announced the launching of Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan (Accessible India Campaign) on Dec 3 next month by the Prime Minister.
- A nationwide flagship Accessible India Campaign (Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan) is aimed at to achieve universal accessibility for Persons with Disabilities and to create an enabling and barrier free environment.
- The number of categories of disability will also be increased from 7 to 19 so that more number of disabled could be brought into the ambit of Government’s new initiatives.
Three verticals of campaign
- Built Environment
- Public Transportation and Information
- Communication Technologies.
It was announced during the launch of revised schemes of National Trust for the welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities in New Delhi. On this occasion the following schemes were launched:
- DISHA (Early Intervention and School Readiness Scheme)
- BADHTE KADAM (Awareness and Community Interaction)
- GHARAUNDA (Group Home for Adults)
- NIRAMAYA (Health Insurance Scheme)
- SAMBHAV (Aids and Assisted Devices)
- SAHYOGI (Caregiver training scheme)
- GYAN PRABHA (Educational support)
- PRERNA (Marketing Assistance)
- SAMARTH (Respite Care)
- VIKAAS (Day Care)
Announcement was also made to launch new website for the National Trust which can be accessed as http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/.
- Registration of NGOs and paying donations can be done in the website itself.
- The National Trust for the welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has been implementing a number of schemes and programmes in the last 15 years.