The Forbes list of the ‘World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities of 2017’ has been topped by American rapper and entrepreneur Sean Combs, known by his more famous stage name ‘Diddy’, with earnings of 130 million dollars. It was published on 13th of June 2017.
Indian superstars Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar are among Forbes’ annual list of the highest-earning entertainers in the world.
- SRK ranked 65th on the list with earnings of USD 38 million and got tied with singer and actress Jennifer Lopez.
- According to the Forbes list Shahrukh Khan cashes in on endorsement deals for dozens of brands most Americans have likely never heard of.
- The list includes American singer and icon Beyonce on the second spot with earnings of USD 105 million.
- Salman is on the 71st spot with USD 37 million in earnings and got tied with English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran.
- Akshay got 80th on the list with earnings of USD 35.5 million and got tied with musician Bon Jovi.
- Author J K Rowling, is at number three with USD 95 million.
- R&B musician Drake is at the number four spot with USD 94 million.
- Football star Cristiano Ronaldo with USD 93 million rounded out the top five.
- According to the Forbes list the world’s 100 highest-paid celebrities banked a cumulative USD 5.15 billion during the June 2016 to June 2017 scoring period.
- The 16 women on this year’s list earned a cumulative USD 822.5 million.
- As per the Forbes list the 10 male actors on the ranking and there will be not a single female movie star.
- According to the Forbes women comprise just 16% of the world’s top-earning celebrities.
About Forbes List
Forbes is an American business magazine.It is published bi-weekly and it features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics.
- Editor-in-chief: Steve Forbes
- Editor: Randall Lane
- First issue: September 15, 1917
- HQ: Jersey City, New Jersey