- This mission is a part of the effort to achieve holistic health care that is affordable and accessible to all.
About PM Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission:
i.To strengthen the critical healthcare network from village to national level in the next 4-5 years
ii.To provide support for 17,788 rural health and wellness centres in 10 high focus state
3 aspects of Mission:
i.Creation of elaborated facilities for diagnostics and treatment. Under this, Health and Wellness Centers are being opened in villages and cities, where there will be facilities for early detection of diseases.
- Facilities like free medical consultation, free tests, free medicine will be available in these centres. For serious illness, 35 thousand new critical care-related beds will be added in 600 districts with more than five lakh population and referral facilities will be given in 125 districts.
ii.In the second aspect, necessary infrastructure will be developed for the diagnosis and monitoring of diseases. 730 districts will get Integrated Public Health labs and 3 thousand blocks will get Block Public Health Units.
- Apart from that, 5 Regional National Centers for Disease Control, 20 Metropolitan units, and 15 BSL labs will further strengthen this network.
iii.The Third aspect is the expansion of existing research institutions. Under this, existing 80 Viral Diagnostic and research labs will be strengthened, 15 Biosafety level 15 labs will be operationalized, 4 new National institutes of Virology (NIV) and a National Institute for One Health (NIOH) are being established and a regional research platform for WHO (World health Organization) South East Asia Region will be set up.
Inauguration of 9 Medical Colleges worth Rs 2,329 cr:
In a separate event, PM inaugurated nine medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh worth Rs 2,329 crore to make UP a medical hub of India. These nine medical colleges are in the districts of Siddharthnagar, Etah, Hardoi, Pratapgarh, Fatehpur, Deoria, Ghazipur, Mirzapur and Jaunpur.
- 8 medical colleges have been sanctioned under a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) while the one in Jaunpur has been made functional by the state government.
- Under CSS, preference is given to backward and aspirational districts.
Yogi Adityanath, UP Chief Minister(CM), Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey, Ministry of Heavy Industries, among others.
Other Health related scheme of Indian Government:
Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM), Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), Ujjwala, Poshan Abhiyan, Mission Indradhanush, Ayushman Bharat Yojna, and Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
Recent Related News:
Narendra Modi inaugurated the Sardardham Bhavan at Ahmedabad, Gujarat virtually. It was built at a cost of Rs.200 crore by Vishwa Patidar Samaj, a business, social and education hub for the Patidar community.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Governor– Anandiben Patel
Bird Sanctuaries– Parvati Arga Bird Sanctuary, Lakh-Bahosi Bird Sanctuary, Vijay Sagar Bird Sanctuary
Festival– Taj Mahotsav