Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, who is on Three-Nations tour, reached Mauritius and signed five agreements with the Prime Minister of Mauritius Anerood Jugnauth at Port Louis on 12th March 2015. India also offered $500 million concessional Line of Credit to Mauritius for key infrastructure projects.
The Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement between India and Mauritius is being revised amid concerns that Mauritius is being used for round-tripping of funds into India. Mauritius has been one of the biggest sources of Foreign Direct Investment into India.
The agreements include,
- MoU between India and Mauritius in the field of Ocean Economy.
- Programme for Cultural Cooperation between India and Mauritius for the year 2015-18.
- Protocol between the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture of Republic of India and the Ministry of Agro-Industry and Food Security of Mauritius for the importation of fresh mangoes from India.
- MoU for the Improvement in Sea and Air Transportation Facilities at Agalega Island of Mauritius.
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Traditional System of Medicine and Homeopathy.