AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 24 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who has launched Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana in Uttarakhand?
4.Nitin Jairam Gadkari
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 1. Harsh Vardhan
On 22nd September 2017, The Minister of Science Odisha Mr.Naveen Patnaik launched ‘Sampurna (Sishu Abond Matru Mrityuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhijan) Yojna’ scheme. Who will get benefit from this scheme?& Technology, Earth Sciences & Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Dr.Harshvardhan launched ‘Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhayay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana’ in Uttarakhand.
- Where did Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurate ‘Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat’?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4. Gujarat
on 23rd September 2017, Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Mr.Dharmendra Pradhan launched the ‘Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat’ in Mota Ishanpur village of Gujarat.
- Odisha Mr.Naveen Patnaik launched ‘Sampurna (Sishu Abond Matru Mrityuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhijan) Yojna’ scheme. Who will get benefit from this scheme?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4. Pregnant Women
On 24th September 2017, Odisha Government launched ‘Sampurna (Sishu Abond Matru Mrityuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhijan) Yojna’ scheme for pregnant women, in Odisha.Under the ‘Sampurna Yojana’ scheme Odisha government will provide Rs.1,000 as transport cost for pregnant women to travel to the hospital from inaccessible areas arranging their own vehicles.
- In which city of Assam the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Assam and NITI Aayog organised a health sector reforms workshop “SATH” launched?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 5. Guwahati
On 22nd September 2017, The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Assam and NITI Aayog organised a health sector reforms workshop SATH, in Guwahati, Assam.
- Where did Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurate “Hunar Haat” ?
3. Andhra Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 1. Puducherry
On 24th September 2017, Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mr.Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Puducherry Chief Minister Mr.V.Narayanasamy inaugurated “Hunar Haat” at Puducherry.
The ‘Hunar Haat’ is organised by Ministry of Minority Affairs at Craft Bazaar, Gandhi Thidal Beach, Goubert Avenue in Puducherry, from 24th to 30th September, 2017.
- Where was the final event of ‘Pralay Sahayam ’, a Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) multi-agency exercise held?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3. Hyderabad
On 23rd September 2017, final event of ‘Pralay Sahayam’, a Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise was held in Hyderabad.It was conducted on the banks of Hussain Sagar Lake in Hyderabad.The event demonstrated the actions of all central and state agencies, National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF), Armed Forces, Police, State Fire & Emergency Services and CISF (Central Industrial Security Force).
- Name of interceptor boat which is built by Bharathi Defence and Infrastructure Limited (BDIL) was launched at a function held at the Mangaluru Coast Guard yard on 24th Sept. 2017.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. V-409
A new interceptor boat (V-409) which is built by Bharathi Defence and Infrastructure Limited (BDIL) waslaunched at a function held at the Mangaluru Coast Guard yard on 24th Sept. 2017. The 28-metre long, V-409 interceptor boat has aluminium hull and fitted with new generation of Arneson Surface Drive (ASD) which is drive by two powerful diesel engines of 1650 KW each.
- Find the name of Indian chemist who has honoured by Google Doodle on his/her 100th birthday.
1. Nikisha Patel
2. Debashish Mukherjee
3. Asima Chatterjee
4, Shanti Swarauup Bhatnakar
5. Animesh Chakarboty
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3. Asima Chatterjee
Google Doodle celebrates 100th birthday of a renowned Indian chemist, Asima Chatterjee, who was also thefirst female Doctorate of Science in India from an Indian University. As per Google Asima Chatterjee’s research contributed to the development of drugs that treated epilepsy and malaria. Her most noted contribution to the field was her work on vinca alkaloids.
- Where was the 7th ASEM (Asia–Europe Meeting) Economic Ministers’ Meeting was held ?
1. Seoul, South Korea
2. Beijing, China
3. London, United Kingdom
4. Copenhagen, Denmark
5. Milan, Italy
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 1. Seoul, South Korea
On 21st and 22nd September 2017, the 7th ASEM (Asia–Europe Meeting) Economic Ministers’ Meeting was held in Seoul, South Korea. Theme for this year’s meeting was ‘Innovative Partnership for Inclusive Prosperity’.The meeting was conducted under the Chairmanship of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy of the Republic of Korea.
- Where did the State Bank of India (SBI) launch its 6th Management Training Institute?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4. Kolkatta
On 23rd September 2017, SBI (State Bank of India) launched its Management Institute in Kolkata.
SBI’s Management Institute in Kolkata:SBI (State Bank of India) launched its 6th Management Training Institute in Kolkata.It is named as State Bank Institute of Management (SBIM).
- Where was Etihad Airways launched a ‘Fly Now and Pay Later’ scheme?
2. Abu Dhabi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. Abu Dhabi
On 23rd September 2017, Etihad Airways has launched a ‘Fly Now and Pay Later’ scheme, in Abu Dhabi.
This scheme provides an option for paying the ticket fare in monthly installments.
- Which entity has tied up with e-commerce major Amazon for an online ayurveda market place on 24th Sept. 2017?
2. Hindustan Unilever limited
3. Dabur India
4. VLCC Health care limited
5. The Emami groups
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3. Dabur India
FMCG major Dabur India has tied up with e-commerce major Amazon for an online ayurveda marketplaceannounced on 24th Sept. 2017.
- Which actor has bagged GQ Actor of the Year Award?
1. Ram charan Teja
2. Ranveer Singh
3. Aamir Khan
4. Rajkummar Rao
5. Anurag Kashyap
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4.Rajkummar Rao
GQ (Gentlemen’s Quarterly) magazine conducted the GQ Men of the Year Awards for 2017, in Mumbai.
Rajkummar Rao was awarded the GQ Actor of the Year Award, in Mumbai.
- Who became the second woman in Mizoram to be inducted in the state’s council of ministers after a gap of 30 years?
1 Nirbhay Sharma
2. Vanlalawmpuii Chawngthu
3. Pooja Thanhawla
4. Lalawmpuii Chawngthu
5. Lalhlimpui Hmar
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. Vanlalawmpuii Chawngthu
Vanlalawmpuii Chawngthu became the second woman in Mizoram to be inducted in the state’s council of ministers after a gap of 30 years.Chawngthu was sworn in as a minister by Mizoram governor Lt. Gen. Nirbhay Sharma (Rtd) during a searing-in-ceremony held at Raj Bhavan.
- Who has been appointed as new DG of SSB?
2. Rajni Kant Mishra
3. Priyanka Thakur
4. Shakshi Talwar
5. Nisha Komal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. Rajni Kant Mishra
Rajnikant Mishra will be the new Chief of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).The decision was taken by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Which is the first brainless creature has discovered by scientist that sleeps without a brain or central nervous system?
2. Sea Sponge
4 .Jelly fish
5. Sea Urchin
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4 .Jelly fish
Scientists, including one of Indian origin, have found that jellyfish go into a sleep-like state, making them thefirst animals without a brain or central nervous system to do so. Researchers studied Cassiopea, a mostly stationary jellyfish native to mudflats, mangrove swamps, and other warm, shallow waters. The jellfish were kept in tanks with artificial seawater in labs.
- Name of the first Indian to represent world boxing at IOC Forum is to be held in Lausanne, Switzerland.
1. Laishram Sarita Devi
2. Anju Bobby George
3. Mary Kom
4. Saina Nehwal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3. Mary Kom
Mary Kom has become the first Indian to be selected as the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) representative for the IOC Athletes’ Forum to be held in November, 2017.The IOC (International Olympic Committee) Athlete’s Forum is to be held from 11th November to 13th November 2017 in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Who has won second straight Futures title of the LMW ITF Men’s Futures tennis tournament on 24th Sept. 2017?
1. Arjun Khade
3. Lakshit Sood
4. Amit Takur
5. Sasi Kumar Mukund
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 5. Sasi Kumar Mukund
Sasi Kumar Mukund of India had won his second straight Futures title. He defeated Arjun Khade by 6-3, 6-4 in the singles final of the LMW ITF Men’s Futures tennis tournament on 24th Sept. 2017.
- Name the author who has written “The Shershah of Kargil” – a biography of Kargil war hero Late Captain Vikram Batra.
2. PK Singh
4. Balraj Joshi
5. Deepak Surana
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 5. Deepak Surana
The book titled “The Shershah of Kargil” is a biography of Kargil war hero Late Captain Vikram Batra, who was posthumously awarded Param veer Chakra (PVC) – the highest gallantry award of India.
.The book written by Deepak Surana is an inspiring story of the young captain Vikram Batra, which defines the various dimensions of Captain Batra’s life.
- Who has become the first Asian to be chosen for the prestigious Von Hippel Award for his contribution in materials research?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2. C.N.R Rao
Professor C.N.R Rao, has become the first Asian to be chosen for the prestigious Von Hippel Award for his contribution in materials research.The award is the US-based Materials Research Society’s (MRS) highest honour.Mr. Rao will be honoured by his immense work on novel functional materials, including nanomaterials (having particles of nanoscale dimensions), graphene (the strongest and thinnest material) and 2D materials, superconductivity, and colossal magnetoresistance (change in electrical resistance of a material in a magnetic field).
- Which entity has appointed Chuck Robbins as the Executive Chairman of the company on 19th Sept.2017?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3.Cisco
Cisco has appointed Chuck Robbins as the Executive Chairman of the company announced on 19th Sept. 2017.The announcement came after John Chambers, the present Executive Chairman, notified the Board of Directors that he will not stand for re-election.
- To which country Gautam Bambawale has been appointed as the ambassador?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 1.China
India’s high commissioner to Pak Gautam Bambawale has been appointed as the ambassador to China on 17th of Sept. 2017.He has served as joint secretary of East Asia division where he handled both China & Japan.India’s current ambassador to China Vijay Gokhale was appointed as Secretary (Economic Relations) in MEA.