AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz August 10,2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On August 10, 2017, Union Government announced that it has set up institutional mechanisms including a task force, an inter-ministerial synergy group and a steering committee to realise the full potential of which sector?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2.Textiles Sector
The task force would steer follow-up action on various outcomes of Textiles India 2017 for growth of the sector. The inter-ministerial synergy group on man-made fibre (MMF) chaired by the textiles secretary will formulate policy interventions to enhance the growth and competitiveness of MMF industry in the country. The steering committee has been set up to oversee implementation of a Knowledge Network Management System (KNMS).
- National Mission for Clean Ganga has approved how many projects in Bihar, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh to the tune of about Rs 2,033 crore?
4.twenty five projects
Answer & ExplanationAnswer– 1.ten projects
Eight of the ten projects pertain to sewage infrastructure and treatment, one to ghat development and one to Ganga Knowledge Centre. These projects were approved in the 5thmeeting of the Executive Committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga.
- Union Government has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which State Government for opening 1000 Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) Kendras in the State on August 10,2017?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4.Uttar Pradesh
These 1000 stores will be opened in government hospitals and community health centres, so that more and more poor and marginalized sections of society can get benefit of this scheme.
- On August 9, 2017, Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology PP Chaudhary said, first phase of NCCC, set up to scan the country’s web traffic to detect cyber security threats, has been made operational now. Abbreviation NCCC stands for:
1.National Cyber Control Centre
2.National Cyber Correction Centre
3.National Critical Cyber Centre
4.National Cyber Coordination Cell
5.National Cyber Coordination Centre
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 5.National Cyber Coordination Centre
NCCC, a multi-stakeholder body, will be implemented by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) at Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. It derives necessary powers as per provisions of section 69B of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Rules notified there under.
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed a temporary ban on use of non-biodegradable plastic bags which are less than _____ microns in Delhi.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 1.50 microns
A bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar has imposed a temporary ban on use of non-biodegradable plastic bags which are less than 50 microns in Delhi. Environment compensation of Rs 5,000 on anyone found in possession of such banned plastic has also been announced.
- Name the drive which has been launched by Uttar Pradesh Government focusing on cleanliness along the banks of Ganga River and maintain hygiene?
1.Namami Gange Shuddhi Yatra
2.Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra
3.Namami Gange Swachata Yatra
4.Namami Gange Kalyan Yatra
5.Namami Gange Janmanch Yatra
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2.Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra
The campaign was flagged off in the state capital Lucknow by CM Adityanath. The main objective is to make the river and the banks more clean in the future. The drive has been organised by Uttar Pradesh Home guard volunteers.
- Which entity has issued a directive that insurance of a vehicle will not be renewed unless the owner provides pollution under control (PUC) certificate?
1.National Green Tribunal
2.Ministry of Road Transport
3.Supreme Court of India
4.Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
5.Delhi High Court
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3.Supreme Court of India
The Supreme Court bench headed by Justice Madan B Loku has issued a set of directions including that insurance companies will not renew insurance of a vehicle unless the owner provides pollution under control (PUC) certificate.
- According to Asian Cities & Regions Outlook 2016 by Oxford Economics, which state among the following is the fastest growth among all Asian cities?
5.Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4.Delhi, India
As per the study from Oxford Economics which ranked Asia’s 30 largest cities, Indian cities are set to expand the most across the region, with growth speeding up from the past 5 years. Delhi is expected to grow almost 50 percent larger in 2021 than it was at the end of last year.
- Which public sector bank has recently introduced a biometric attendance register in the place of the existing system of signing attendance in the attendance register?
1.Punjab National Bank
2.Bank of Baroda
4.Bank of India
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 1.Punjab National Bank
The new system of marking attendance in PNB will be implemented in branches/offices with immediate effect. In separate circulars, rules with regard to marking of attendance after the prescribed time and leaving the office before the prescribed time have already been made available.
- Markets regulator SEBI has introduced an online registration mechanism for ____________ to make it convenient for them to do business.
2.Custodians of securities
3.Domestic Institutional Investors
4.Foreign Institutional Investors
5.Professional Fund Managers
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2.Custodian of securities
Custodian of securities holds shares and other assets in electronic or physical form. The new system would help custodian of securities to complete registration and other regulatory filings with SEBI much faster and in a cost-effective manner.
- On August 8, 2017, Name the entity which launched Android Skill Development Programme along with Google India to impart mobile app development training on the Android and Web platform to improve the quality of mobile app development ecosystem in India?
3.National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
4.Minitry of Electronics and Information Technology
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3.National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
Under the initiative, NSDC would introduce a specific course to create applications for the mobile platform that can be used on smart phones and tablets running on the Android operating system.
- Which entity has invested in the e-commerce company Flipkart and has become one of its largest shareholders?
4.SoftBank Vision Fund
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4.SoftBank Vision Fund
SoftBank Vision Fund has bought stake worth at least $2.6 billion in Flipkart Ltd, in a deal that provides a part exit to some of the e-commerce company’s investors, boosts the ability of India’s largest internet firm to take on arch-rival Amazon India, and gives SoftBank a piece of India’s most valuable start-up.
- The commerce ministry has started the process of shutting down over 100-year-old government procurement arm, ___________ in this fiscal.
1.Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals
2.Directorate General of Supplies and Logistics
3.Directorate General of National Supplies Chain
4.Directorate General of Supplies and Stocking
5.Directorate General of Supply Management
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 1.Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals
Before closing, the ministry has to decide upon the issues concerning manpower, land and office spaces of the directorate, which are present all over the country. The public procurement of goods and services is being managed by the ministry’s e-market platform (GeM) since last year.
- On August 10, 2017, Facebook launched Youtube competitor called:
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 2.’Watch’
In an apparent bid to take on Google-owned YouTube, Facebook has rolled out ‘Watch’ – a redesigned video platform for creators and publishers. It is to be noted that Facebook had last year launched ‘Video’ tab in the US which offered a predictable place to find videos.
- Which space agency is planning to launch a full-fledged niche Earth observation (EO) satellite called the Hyper spectral Imaging Satellite?
2.Chinese Space Agency
3.Russian Space Agency
5.European Space Agency
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4.ISRO
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to launch a full-fledged niche Earth observation (EO) satellite called the Hyperspectral Imaging Satellite or HySIS using a critical chip called optical imaging detector array it has developed.
- Rayichapalu’, a regular catch for fishermen in _________, has been declared as one of the rarest species of fish in the world.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4.Vizag
‘Rayichapalu’ has a unique colour pattern with diamond shaped bands and is around 97 mm in length. It is reportedly the only fifth fish in this category of size.
- Who among the following shooter has become India’s youngest athlete to figure in the government’s Target Olympic Podium (TOP) scheme?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer 3.Shapath Bhardwaj
India shooter Shapath Bhardwaj, aged 15, has become the country’s youngest athlete to figure in the government’s Target Olympic Podium (TOP) scheme. Shapath hails from Meerut and is studying in class 10. He is among 45 elite athletes, including Olympic medallists P V Sandhu, Sakshi Malik and Saina Nehwal, to be selected for the ambitious scheme.
- Sitaram Panchal, who passed away on August 10, 2017, was an acclaimed:
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3.Bollywood Actor
Bollywood actor Sitaram Panchal passed away on August 10, 2017, after a three-year long battle with kidney and lung cancer. He was 54. Sitaram, who made his Bollywood debut in 1994 with Bandit Queen, was best known for his work in films like Peepli Live, Pan Singh Tomar, The Legend of Bhagat Singh and Slumdog Millionaire.
- The second round of National Deworming Day (NDD) is being observed between __________ in 33 States and Union Territories to tackle worm Infections, targeting more than 11 crore children.
1. 7th of August to 23rd August
2. 9th of August to 23rd August
3. 9th of August to 23rd August
4. 10th of August to 23rd August
5. 11th of August to 23rd August
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 4.10th of August to 23rd August
The NDD program was launched in 2015. According to the Health Ministry, the deworming programme can potentially improve the nutritional status of children. The ministry also confirmed that the deworming tablet, Albendazole, is a perfectly safe and efficacious drug.
- ‘World Bio-Fuel Day’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer – 3.10th August
Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas celebrated the World Biofuel Day 2017 on August 10, 2017 to create awareness about non fossil-fuels such as biodiesel, ethanol, biogas, etc. On this day in 1893, Sir Rudolph Diesel, the diesel engine inventor, for the first time successfully ran mechanical engine with peanut oil.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.