AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved Rs.1810.56 crore for 210 MW Luhri Stage-I Hydro Electric Project in which state/UT?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Himachal Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Himachal Pradesh
On November 4, 2020, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the investment of Rs.1810.56 crore for 210 MW Luhri Stage-I Hydro Electric Project located on river Satluj situated in Shimla & Kullu districts of Himachal Pradesh (HP). This project, to be commissioned within 62 months, will generate 758.20 million units of electricity annually.
Notably this project will reduce 6.1 lakh Tons of carbon dioxide from the environment annually and also improve the power supply. Through this project, HP will get free power worth around Rs. 1140 crore during the Project Life Cycle of 40 years. The families affected by this project will be provided with 100 units of free electricity per month for ten years.
- The Central Government on November 04, 2020 has issued the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 to further amend which Act?
1) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1966
2) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1976
3) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1986
4) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
5) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 2006
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
On November 4, 2020, President Ram Nath Kovind in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of article 123 of the Indian Constitution promulgated the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 to amend the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The provision will come into effect retrospectively from October 23, 2015.
The amendment will be made in Section 36 (3) of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act retrospectively from October 23, 2015 in order to address concerns raised by stakeholders. It should be noted that Section 36 deals with the enforcement of arbitral awards.
Aim: To enable all stakeholder parties to seek an unconditional stay (temporary suspension or halting of a legal process or procedure) on enforcement of arbitral awards where the arbitration agreement is induced by fraud or corruption.
- Which educational entity has launched NICE (NMDC Innovation and Incubation Centre) Program (a deep technology startup support system) along with National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC)?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Hyderabad
3) IIT Kanpur
4) IIT Kharagpur
5) IIT Mumbai
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) IIT Hyderabad
The National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC), under the Ministry of Steel, in association Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad launched NICE (NMDC Innovation and Incubation Centre) Program a deep technology startup support system at IIT Hyderabad. NICE Program is a joint initiative of NMDC and i-TIC Foundation, Technology Business Incubator (TBI) at IIT Hyderabad.
NICE Program is a 5-year joint program to support 15 fellows and 15 startups through benefits like financial aid, mentoring support, co-working space and other infrastructures.
- Name the first Country to formally exit the Paris Climate Agreement (November 2020).
2) United States (US)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) United States (US)
On November 4, 2020 the United States (US) became the first country to formally exit the Paris Climate Agreement. The formal exit from the agreement happened over a period of three years, after President Donald Trump declared pull-out from the climate accord in June 2017.
US is the second largest emitter of Greenhouse gases in the world (1st – China), accounting for a total of 25 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions. US had promised to reduce its emissions by 26 percent to 28 percent by the year 2025 from 2005 levels.
- Which of the following is/are initiative/initiatives launched by Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge) for Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Hardeep Singh Puri recently (Nov 2020)?
1) Nurturing Neighborhoods Challenge
2) Data Maturity Assessment Framework
3) On-line training programme for City Data Officers (CDO)
4) 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge) for Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Hardeep Singh Puri launched Three Initiatives Namely Nurturing Neighborhoods Challenge, Data Maturity Assessment Framework & On-line training programme for City Data Officers (CDO) during an event.
Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, MoHUA and other stakeholders were present during the launch.
- Paytm partnered with ________ along with Visa to launch co-branded credit cards in two variants.
1) Axis Bank
2) Citi Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) SBI Cards
5) IDFC Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) SBI Cards
On November 4, 2020 SBI Card and Payment Services ltd. (SBI Cards) partnered with Paytm and Visa to launch co-branded credit cards, India’s next generation credit cards. The credit card will be available in two variants, namely, Paytm SBI Card and Paytm SBI Card SELECT. The 2 variants have been designed for the new age, digitally savvy customers. The product has been launched on the Visa platform. This is the 2nd co-branded credit card product from Paytm. Paytm’s 1st co-branded credit card, called ‘Paytm First Card’ was launched in collaboration with Citibank. Users have the option to switch off the card for contactless payments or international transactions, when it is not required, this will safeguard them against fraud.
- ________ Bank launched India’s first comprehensive banking programme for millennial customers, (18-35 years old) named as ‘_________ Bank Mine’.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) ICICI
ICICI Bank launched ‘ICICI Bank Mine’ (inspired by ‘Millennial Network’), India’s first comprehensive banking programme for millennial customers, (18-35 years old). It is a first of its kind proposition in industry. It is India’s 1st full banking stack for millennials. It also offers the millennial customers a mobile first, highly personalised and experiential led banking experience.
- India has joined hands with which country for cooperation in the field of Telecommunication/ICTs and cooperation in the field of Medical Products Regulation (November 2020)?
1) United States (US)
4) United Kingdom (UK)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) United Kingdom (UK)
On November 4, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved the following proposals:
To strengthen the bilateral cooperation and mutual understanding in the field of Telecommunications, and Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) between India and the United Kingdom (UK), the Union cabinet has approved the signing of MoU between Ministry of Communications, India and the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) of the UK Government for co-operation in telecommunications.
Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), India and the United Kingdom Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (UK MHRA) on cooperation in the field of medical Product Regulation. Through this MoU both organizations will cooperate and exchange information on matters relating to Medical products regulation in line with their international responsibilities.
- Which country has signed a MoU with Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bengaluru (Karnataka) to develop scientific and technical collaborations in the astronomy field?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4)Spain
The Union Cabinet has apprised the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (IAC) and the GRANTECAN, S.A. (GTC), Spain to develop scientific and technical collaborations in the astronomy field. There will also be development of segmented telescope technologies as well as the development of robotic telescopes and other future potential specific collaborations.
- Prasar Bharti has signed a MoU with which Institute to enable 51 DTH Educational TV channels to all DD Free Dish Viewers?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Kanpur
3) Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Trivandrum
4) Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics, Gandhinagar
5) Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics, Gandhinagar
Prasar Bharati, the public broadcaster of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics (BISAG-N) of Gujarat
under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to enable 51 direct-to-home (DTH) Educational television (TV) channels to all DD Free Dish Viewers.
This initiative aims to enable quality educational programmes to every household including the households in rural and remote areas. This is in line with the Government of India’s goal of providing “education to all”. These services will be available at a free of cost for 24×7 for all the viewers.
- International Centre for Clean Water (ICCW) is collaborating with DG TAKANO, Japanese firm. ICCW is an initiative of ______________.
1) IIT Madras
2) National mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
3) Central Ground Water Board (CGWB)
4) Atal Bhujal Yojana
5) NITI Aayog
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) IIT Madras
International Centre for Clean Water (ICCW), an initiative by IITM (Indian Institute of Technology Madras) to collaborate with DG TAKANO, Japanese firm.
The aim is to introduce new clean water technologies in India.
Recently, ICCW and DG TAKANO signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on projects on clean water.
- Central Government privatized six major airports of the country (Feb 2019). Adani Group took all 6 airports on lease for how many years?
1) 20 years
2) 35 years
3) 40 years
4) 50 years
5) 100 years
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 50 years
On November 2, 2020, Airports Authority of India (AAI) handed over the Lucknow Airport (Uttar Pradesh) to Adani Group on lease for a period of 50 years. AAI had signed concession agreements with Adani Group on February 14, 2020 for operations management and development of Mangalore, Lucknow and Ahmedabad Airports. In February, 2019, the Central Government privatized six major airports of the country – Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mangalore, Thiruvananthapuram and Guwahati. Adani won the rights to run all airports for 50 years.
- Who has been named as the Brand Ambassador for Namami Gange Project during the Ganga Utsav 2020 was virtually organized by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) ?
1) Amitabh Bachchan
2) Aamir Khan
3) Akshay Kumar
4) Chacha Chaudhary
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Chacha Chaudhary
A three-day long Ganga Utsav 2020 from November 2-4, 2020 was virtually organized by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) amid COVID-19 to spread awareness about river Ganga and the need to keep the river clean and rejuvenated.
The 2020 edition marks the 12th anniversary of Ganga being accorded the status of National River, on 4th November 2008. The event was attended by Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
Chacha Chaudhary becomes the Brand Ambassador for Namami Gange Project. A joint project titled “Urban River Management Plan” between NMCG and National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), launched. German development agency (GIZ) collaborated with NMCG for project, ‘Support to Ganga Rejuvenation’
- Who chaired the 40th SAARCFINANCE Governors’ Group meeting in a virtual format (November 2020)?
1) Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
2) Governor of Bangladesh Bank
3) Governor of Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan
4) Governor of Central Bank of Sri Lanka
5) Governor of Nepal Rastra Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Shaktikanta Das, Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) chaired the 40th SAARCFINANCE Governors’ Group meeting in a virtual format. He inaugurated the SAARCFINANCE Sync, a closed user group secure communication network. The SAARFINANCE Governors meet twice a year concurrently with the IMF (International Monetary Fund)/ WB (World Bank) Annual and Spring Meetings.
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) constituted a 4 member committee (November 2020) to review “Guidelines on Television Rating Agencies in India” notified by the ministry in 2014. Who is the head of the committee?
1) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
2) Shashi S. Vempati
3) Rajiv gauba
4) M S Ananth
5) Dinesh Pant
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Shashi S. Vempati
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) constituted a 4 member committee to review “Guidelines on Television Rating Agencies in India” notified by the ministry in 2014. The committee is headed by Shashi S. Vempati, CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Prasar Bharti. Purpose of the committee- The committee will examine and study different aspects of the television rating system in India and will notify the changes if required.
- Who partnered with Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) to launch 1st edition of Quarterly MSME Credit Health Index?
3) CRIF High Mark
4) TransUnion CIBIL
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) TransUnion CIBIL
Credit Information Company TransUnion CIBIL has partnered with the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) to launch the First Edition of the Quarterly MSME Credit Health Index. The index will provide a reliable measure and benchmark of the growth and strength of MSME (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) in India. The index measures credit health of India’s MSME industry based on two parameters -Growth & Strength.Growth Index indicates improvement in credit growth whereas Strength Index implies better asset quality, denoting improvement in structural strength of the sector.
- Where did the 2nd Batch of three Rafale Fighter Jets land in India?
1) Ambala, Haryana
2) Jamnagar Gujarat
3) Hasimara, West Bengal
4) Bhuj, Gujarat
5) Leh, Ladakh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Jamnagar ,Gujarat
2nd Batch of Three Rafale Fighter Jets landed at the Jamnagar Air Base in Gujarat. The fighter jets took off from Istres air base, France and flew continuously over eight hours covering 3, 700 nautical miles (6, 852 Kilometres) before landing in India. With the arrival of the three fighter jets, Indian Air Force (IAF) now has 8 Rafale Fighter jets. The Second batch will be stationed at Hasimara Air Force Station, West Bengal.
- DRDO successfully flight tested the enhanced version of which rocket from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha (November 2020)?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) PINAKA
India successfully flight tested the Enhanced version of PINAKA Rocket System from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha. It has been indigenously developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
The Enhanced variant of the missile will achieve longer range performance compared to earlier versions of the Pinaka missile and are expected to replace the existing PINAKA Mk-I rockets. It has been designed and developed by Pune based DRDO Laboratory named as Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL).
- Asteroid ‘16 Psyche’ orbits between Mars and Jupiter (estimated worth $10, 000 Quadrillion) was spotted by which Space Telescope?
1) Galileo’s Telescope
2) Spitzer Space Telescope
3) Hubble Space Telescope
4) Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
5) Giant Magellan Telescope
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Hubble Space Telescope
According to a recent study published in The Planetary Science Journal, Asteroid ‘16 Psyche’ which orbits between Mars and Jupiter is believed to be made up almost entirely of iron, nickel and other rare materials like gold, platinum, cobalt, iridium and rhenium. It is worth an estimated $10, 000 Quadrillion which is more than the entire economy of Earth. It was discovered on March 17, 1853 by Italian astronomer Annibale de Gasparis and named after Greek goddess of Soul, Psyche. Researchers at the Southwest Research Institute (Texas, United States) observed the asteroid through the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Who authored the book “Jugalbandi: The BJP Before Modi”?
1) Tamal Bandyopadhyay
2) Vinay Sitapati
3) Chinmay Tumbe
4) Chandrakant Lahariya
5) Gagandeep Kang
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Vinay Sitapati
Vinay Sitapati, a political scientist, lawyer and a journalist authored his 2nd book titled “Jugalbandi: The BJP Before Modi”. The book documents about the partnership between Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Lal Krishna Advani, The founding leaders of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
The book will be published by Penguin’s Viking (Viking Books is an imprint of Penguin General) and it is set to be released in November 2020.
- Don Talbot, one of Australia’s greatest coaches passed away recently. He was associated with which sport?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Swimming
Don Talbot, one of Australia’s greatest swimming coaches and former head coach of Olympic Swimming team of Australia and Canada passed away at the age of 87 in Queensland, Australia. He was born on 23rd August 1933 in New South Wales, Australia.
He was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 1981 for his service to sport. He was inducted in the Sport Australia Hall of Fame in 1990. He was named an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) in 2007.
- When is the United Nations (UN)’s World Tsunami Awareness Day observed (2020 Theme: Strengthening disaster risk governance)?
1) November 1
2) November 2
3) November 3
4) November 4
5) November 5
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) November 5
The United Nations (UN)’s World Tsunami Awareness Day is annually observed on 5th November to create and raise awareness about Tsunami and share innovative approaches across the globe to reduce the risk of tsunami. The first World Tsunami Awareness Day was observed on 5th November 2016.
UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) in collaboration with the United Nations system facilitates the observance of World Tsunami Awareness Day. The theme of the 2020 World Tsunami Awareness Day is “Strengthening disaster risk governance”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Rupsi Airtport is ready to start commercial operation under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) by January 2021.Rupsi Airport is located in which state?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Assam
On November 3, 2020 Airports Authority of India (AAI) stated that Rupsi Airport at Kokrajhar district, Assam is ready to start commercial operation under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) by January 2021. It is Assam’s 7th airport and Northeast’s 14th airport. It is a British-era airport that was originally constructed during World War-II to supply arms, manpower and ammunition to the Allied forces. The flight operations came to a halt in the 1980s. At an estimated cost of Rs 69 crore it has been re-developed.
- What is the Capital of Vietnam?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Hanoi
Capital and Currency of ‘Vietnam’ is ‘Hanoi’ & ‘Vietnamese dong’ respectively.
- Vietnam was in news recently for being struck by which Typhoon?
3) BOB 02
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Molave
Typhoon Molave slammed into the coast near Da Nang city on October 28, 2020, bringing heavy rain and strong winds. The typhoon has affected more than a million people in central Vietnam, leaving destruction in its wake. Around 375,000 people were evacuated to safety before Molave struck with winds reaching 85mph (145 km/h).
- UNFCCC is an international environmental treaty (addressing climate change) headquartered in Bonn, Germany. Expand UNFCC.
1) United Nations Framework Committee on Climate Change
2) United Nations Framework Care for Climate Change
3) United Nations Framework Commission on Climate Change
4) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
5) United Nations Framework Collaboration on Climate Change
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is an international environmental treaty addressing climate change, negotiated and signed by 154 states at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development, informally known as the Earth Summit, held in Rio de Janeiro from 3 to 14 June 1992.
Executive Secretary – Patricia Espinosa
Headquarters – Bonn, Germany
- AMRUT is a Scheme under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. Here ‘T’ represents-
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Transformation
AMRUT stands for Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation. It was launched by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi in June 2015 with the focus to establish infrastructure that could ensure adequate robust sewage networks and water supply for urban transformation by implementing urban revival projects under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.