AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which district tops NITI Aayog’s overall delta ranking of aspirational districts for February-June 2020?
1) Nawada, Bihar
2) Bahraich, Uttar Pradesh
3) Ri-Bhoi, Meghalaya
4) Bijapur, Chhattisgarh
5) Moga, Punjab
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Bijapur, Chhattisgarh
In accordance with the delta rankings for aspirational districts by government think-tank NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog, Bijapur district in Chhattisgarh has topped the list of aspirational districts in Overall Delta Ranking for the February-June 2020 period. Bijapur has been followed by Ri-Bhoi (Meghalaya) and Bahraich (Uttar Pradesh) at 2nd and 3rd positions respectively. The delta rankings for aspirational districts considers an incremental progress in five developmental areas viz. Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion & Skill Development and Basic Infrastructure.
Top 5 Aspirational Districts in Overall Delta Ranking (Feb-June 2020) Rank District 1 Bijapur (Chhattisgarh) 2 Ri-Bhoi (Meghalaya) 3 Bahraich (Uttar Pradesh)
- The Green-Agriculture project funded by Global Environment Facility (GEF) was launched in which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Mizoram
Green-Agriculture(Green-Ag), a project funded by Global Environment Facility (GEF) was launched in Mizoram, India. It was launched by Agriculture minister of Mizoram C Lalrinsanga. Mizoram is first among the 5 states where the project is to be implemented. The other states are Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand. The project covers land in two districts of Lunglei and Mamit, Mizoram including Dampa Tiger Reserve and Thorangtlang Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Government of India has handed over symbolic cheque of USD 5.6 million for High Impact Community Development Projects (HICDP) to which country (July 2020)?
1) Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Maldives
Financial Assistance for High Impact Community Development Projects (HICDP) from the Government of India was handed over to the Government of Maldives in the form of a symbolic cheque of USD 5.6 million. The cheque was handed over by the High Commissioner of India to the Maldives Sunjay Sudhir to the Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdulla Shahid. In this regard, Government of Maldives launched nine community-based development projects.
- Name the country which reconstructed 300-year-old Sree Sree Joy Kali Matar temple with Indian assistance.
4) Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Bangladesh
Reconstruction of a 300-year-old temple, Sree Sree Joy Kali Matar temple began in Natore, Bangladesh with Indian assistance. The Indian High Commissioner Riva Ganguly Das inaugurated the event virtually. The High Commission of India in Bangladesh added that an MoU for the reconstruction of the temple at Lalbazar, Natore was signed on 23 October 2016.
- Which country has banned the wildlife imports, markets due to new health fears (July 2020)?
5) None of the Above
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Vietnam
An order signed by Vietnam Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on 23rd July 2020 about banning all imports of wildlife dead or alive and includes eggs and larvae. It also merits tougher penalties for crimes involving the trade in wildlife.
- Which state government announced “Chief Minister’s Entrepreneurship Development Programme” to address working capital shortage (July 2020)?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Kerala
Kerala government announced a new scheme namely “Chief Minister’s Entrepreneurship Development Programme” to address the issues of shortage of working capital and availability of credit faced by startups and small entrepreneurs amid COVID-19 pandemic. The programme will be implemented through the Kerala Financial Corporation (KFC).
- Who has been re-elected for 2nd term as the president of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) (with effect from Jan 16, 2021)?
1) Andrey Kruglov
2) Adel AlHosani
3) Muhammad Aslam
4) Dinanath Dubhashi
5) Jin Liqun
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Jin Liqun
During the 5th annual meeting of Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Jin Liqun was elected President of AIIB for a second five-year term commencing January 16, 2021. The election result was announced by chair of AIIB’s Board of Governors, Liu Kun, who is a Minister of Finance, People’s Republic of China. Under President Jin’s leadership, AIIB has grown from 57 founding members to 103 approved members from around the world.
- How much amount was approved by Asian Development Bank (ADB) to India to support COVID-19 response (Financed by Japan)?
1) USD 5 Million
2) USD 3 Million
3) USD 1 Million
4) USD 15 Million
5) USD 10 Million
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) USD 3 Million
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved the 3 Million USD grant (about Rs.22 Crore) from the ADB’s Asia Pacific Disaster Response Fund (APDRF), financed by Japanese government to India to support the Government’s emergency response to COVID-19.
- The Power Finance Corporation signed agreement with which IIT for training, research and Entrepreneurship Development (ED) in smart grid technology?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Ahmedabad
5) IIT Calcutta
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) IIT Kanpur
The PFC (Power Finance Corporation) signed an agreement with the Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur (IIT-K) in order to provide training, research and Entrepreneurship Development (ED) in Smart grid technology. Objective: To provide support for the IIT-Kanpur to develop the infrastructure of the research and development on smart grid technology. Budget: The PFC will provide financial assistance of Rs. 2.38 crore to the IIT-K under its CSR initiative.
- UK India Business Council (UKIBC) signed MoU with which state government to strengthen the industrial development (July 2020)?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Gujarat
The UK India Business Council (UKIBC) signed a memorandum of Understanding (MoU) over a virtual platform with the Industrial Extension Bureau (iNDEXTb), Industries and Mines Department, Government of Gujarat to speed up the business and industrial development process of Gujarat.
- Who has been appointed as the MD & group CEO of ICRA Limited recently?
1) M. Ravichandran
2) Arun Duggal
3) Naresh Takkar
4) N. Sivaraman
5) None of the Above
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) N. Sivaraman
ICRA Limited Appointed N. Sivaraman as its new Managing Director (MD) and Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Mr. Sivaraman will join ICRA Ltd. on August 10, 2020. He was appointed for the tenure of 3 years, which can be further extended for 2 more years. He succeeds former MD and Group CEO Mr. Naresh Takkar.
- Who has won life time excellence award in National Awards for excellence in Earth System Science recognized by Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES)?
1) Ashok Sahni
2) M. Ravichandran
3) Lidita D.S. Khandeparker
4) M. A. Atmanand
5) N. V. Chalapathi Rao
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Ashok Sahni
Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) recognized scientific contributions made by eminent scientists/engineers in various fields of Earth System Science and also to encourage women and young researchers who involved in Earth System Science. Ministry has introduced the Life Time Excellence Award, National Awards in the field of Atmospheric Science & Technology; Ocean Science; Geoscience & Technology; and Ocean Technology/Polar Science, Two Young Researcher awards and Dr. Anna Mani National Award for Woman Scientist. Dr. Harsha Vardhan is the Minister of Science and Technology.
Name of the Award Name of Awardee Field Life Time Excellence Award Professor Ashok Sahni, Chandigarh Geology, Vertebrate Paleontology and Biostratigraphy National Award for Ocean Science & technology Dr. V. V. S. S. Sarma, Vishakapatnam biogeochemistry of the Indian Ocean Dr.M.Ravichandran, Goa Implementation of Ocean Data assimilation and Modelling for operational ocean services National Award for Atmospheric Science & technology Dr.S.Suresh Babu ,Thiruvananthapuram adiative impacts of black carbon aerosols on atmospheric stability and climate. National award for Geoscience & technology N.V.Chalapathi Rao, Varanasi an enduring research on deeper mantle petrology and geochemistry National Award for Ocean Technology Dr.M.A.Atmanand, Chennai pioneering work in the area of deep sea technologies. Young Researcher Awards Dr.IndraSekhar Sen, Kanpur outstanding work in Earth System Science. Dr.Arvind Singh, Ahmedabad outstanding work in Earth System Science. Dr.Anna Mani award for woman scientist Dr.Lidita D.S. Khandeparker, Goa aquatic microbial ecology, Marine biofilms and their relevance in the oceans.
- Which edition of annual meeting of the board of governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) held recently?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 5th
The 5th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was held virtually from Beijing, China, was originally planned to be held in-person there, focusing on “Connecting for Tomorrow”. The meet saw the re-election of Jin Liqun as AIIB President, and a roundtable discussion on the theme “AIIB 2030-Supporting Asia’s Development over the Next Decade”. Notably, India’s Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman was the Lead Speaker at the roundtable discussion.
- Which country is going to host the 6th annual meeting of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in 2021?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) UAE
During the meet it was also decided that the sixth Annual Meeting will be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Oct. 27-28, 2021 which will be the first annual meeting in the Middle East. It will take place in parallel with the Dubai World Expo. UAE was also one of the founding members of AIIB.
- Which institute of CSIR along with AMESYS INDIA developed a microorganism decontamination box named ‘Suraksha’?
1) Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (CSIR-IICT)
2) Institute of Microbial Technology (CSIR-IMTECH)
3) National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-NEERI)
4) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIR-CSIO)
5) Central Road Research Institute (CSIR-CRRI)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIR-CSIO)
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)’s Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO) along with AMESYS INDIA developed a microorganism decontamination box, ‘Suraksha’. The box sanitizes an object in the span of 10 – 15 minutes using heat and UVC light.
- What is the name of North-Eastern state’s 1st first manhole cleaning robot?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) BANDICOOT
Siddhartha Bhattacharya, Minister of Guwahati Development Department inaugurated Guwahati’s first manhole cleaning robot named “BANDICOOT”, an automatic sewer cleaning device. Guwahati became the first city in the Northeast region to get a manhole cleaning robot.
- Which is India’s 1st Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) approved drone training school?
1) Academy of Carver Aviation
2) Bombay Flying Club
3) Madras Flying Club
4) Banasthali Vidyapith Gliding Flying Club
5) Ambitions Flying Club
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Bombay Flying Club
Bombay Flying Club, Mumbai, has become the India’s first DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) approved drone training school, announced by Ministry of Civil Aviation. Note: In an order dated July 20, 2020, DGCA approved the club’s application for conducting remote pilot training for remotely piloted aircraft system.
- Name the organization which launched ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ contest for innovators and startups.
1) Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
4) National Informatics Centre (NIC)
5) National Development Centre (NDC)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
In order to promote innovators in the fields of defence and emerging technologies in India, DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) has launched ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ contest for innovators and startups to mark the fifth death anniversary of former President A P J Abdul Kalam(July 27, 2020).
- Who unveiled the book titled “Padi Bhavajaalalu”, Telugu version of Ten Ideologies book authored by former Union Minister Late S Jaipal Reddy?
1) Ram Nath Kovind
2) Venkaiah Naidu
3) Rajnath Singh
4) Narendra Modi
5) Amit Shah
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Venkaiah Naidu
M Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India virtually unveiled the “Padi Bhavajaalalu” Telugu version Ten Ideologies book authored by former Union Minister Late S Jaipal Reddy and published by Orient BlackSwan, amid his family members and followers on the event of his first death anniversary. The virtual launch was organized under the aegis of Manthan, a forum for public discourse. The translation was done by Kalluri Bhaskaram.
- Who authored the book named “Burnt Sugar” or “Girl in White Cotton”?
1) Suketu Mehta
2) Tulika Mehrotra
3) Rahul Mahajan
4) Avni Doshi
5) Kritika Pandey
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Avni Doshi
A debut novel ‘Burnt Sugar’ authored by Avni Doshi has been published in the United Kingdom (UK) and it was one among the 13 authors longlisted for the prestigious 2020 Booker Prize. A version of the same novel has been published in India under the title Girl in White Cotton.
- Kumkum or Zaibunnissa who passed away in July 2020 is a renowned ________.
4) Sand Artist
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Actor
Veteran Bollywood Actor Kumkum due to age related ailments passed away at the age of 86 in her residence in Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra. She was born as Zaibunnissa on 22nd April 1934 in Sheikhpura district, Bihar.
- When was International tiger day observed annually?
1) April 5
2) May 12
3) June 16
4) August 15
5) July 29
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) July 29
29th July is annually celebrated as International Tiger Day or the Global Tiger Day to create awareness among the general public on the importance of tiger conservation and protection of their natural habitat and to promote the resolution of the tiger range countries to double the tiger population by 2022. The first Global Tiger Day was celebrated on 29th July 2011. The Global Tiger Day slogan for 2018,2019 and 2020 is “Their Survival is in Our Hands”.
- World In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) day is observed every year on _______.
1) July 26
2) July 25
3) July 28
4) July 27
5) July 30
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) July 25
July 25 is celebrated as World In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Day. The world witnessed the birth of world’s first test tube baby or IVF baby Louis Brown, in Royal Oldham Hospital, United Kingdom on July 25, 1978. In order to commemorate this revolution, World IVF day was celebrated on July 25.
- Which edition of ‘All India Tiger Estimation-2018, report was released by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Prakash Javadekar (July 2020)?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) 4th
On 28th July 2020, the eve of Global Tiger Day 2020, Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) released a report of 4th All India Tiger Estimation-2018, the Status of Tigers Copredators and Prey in India. It assesses the status of tigers in terms of the spatial occupancy and density of individual populations across India.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- How many approved members were present in Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) as on July 2020?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 103
During the 5th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), approved the application of Liberia to join the Bank. With this AIIB now has 103 approved members from around the world. Also, now AIIB has 10 members and nine prospective members from Africa.
- Corbett Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
4) West Bengal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Uttarakhand
As per latest government data, Corbett Tiger Reserve, Uttarakhand has the highest number of tigers inside the reserve (231). The report states that the Dampa reserve (Mizoram), Buxa reserve (West Bengal) and Palamau reserve (Jharkhand) do not have any tigers.
- How much percentage of world’s tiger population are in India?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 70%
Around 70% of the world’s Tiger population are in India and around 30% of India’s tigers are outside the tiger reservoirs.
- Which among the following country is not the part of intelligence alliance named ‘Five Eyes (FVEY)’?
4) New Zealand
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) India
Recently, China has announced the suspension of Hong Kong’s extradition treaties and criminal justice cooperation agreements with Australia, Britain and Canada. Australia, Britain and Canada along with New Zealand and the USA are part of the Five Eyes (FVEY), which is an intelligence-sharing alliance between these five countries. New Zealand has already suspended its extradition treaty with Hong Kong, and the USA is preparing to do the same.
- Ramnagar Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state/UT?
2) Jammu and Kashmir
5) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Jammu and Kashmir
In Jammu and Kashmir, the Wildlife Protection Wing of Forest Department 30th July kick-started Green J&K Drive-2020 at Ramnagar Wildlife Sanctuary in order to mark 72nd Van-Mahotsav and setting the ball rolling for monsoon plantation in Jammu Region.