AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- To boost the” Char Dham” project to connectholy towns, the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed a 440-meter-long tunnel under the Chamba town of which Indian state/UT?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Uttarakhand
In a big boost to ”Char Dham” project to connect holy towns of Gangotri, Kedarnath, Yamunotri and Badrinath, the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed a 440-meter-long tunnel under the Chamba town on Rishikesh-Dharasu road Highway (NH 94) in Uttarakhand even during the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
- Name the Indian institute which has got first of it’s kind Infectious Disease Block facility.
1) Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences
2) NIMS University
3) Kasturba Medical College
4) All India Institute of Medical Sciences
5) Christian Medical College
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences
Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Lieutenant Governor’s adviser Baseer Ahmad Khan inaugurated first of it’s kind Infectious Disease Block (IDB) facility at Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) at Soura in Srinagar, J&K.
- Name the Indian state which starts Implementation of Solar Fence Farmland Protection Programme.
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Tamil Nadu
The Government of Tamil Nadu started the preliminary works on implementing the Solar Fence Farmland Protection Programme, under the Central Agriculture Improvement Scheme. This scheme is to protect agricultural lands of the districts which have the western ghats as their boundaries and are at risk of animal(Elephant) attacks.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat presented the surplus annual budget of Rs 53,526.97 crore for FY20-21.It aims to achieve ____ public welfare goals under the state government’s Vision 2020.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 25
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat presented the surplus annual budget of Rs 53,526.97 crore for FY20-21. The budget is described as the document reflecting the hopes and aspirations of the people of the state. It aims to achieve 25 public welfare goals under the state government’s Vision 2020.
- ‘HunarHaat’ programme to restart from September 2020with the theme “Local to Global”. Name the ministry which conducts HunarHaat.
1) Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Culture
4) Ministry of Minority Affairs
5) Ministry of Rural Development
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Ministry of Minority Affairs
A flagship initiative ‘HunarHaat’ by the Minority Affairs Ministry will make a comeback in September 2020 with a theme ‘Local to Global’, which is a platform for artisans and craftsmen from various parts of the country to showcase their art and craft and to generate employment for master craftspeople.
- Who has penned the song titled ‘JayatuJayatuBharatam – Vasudev Kutumbakkam’?
1) Shankar Mahadevan
2) Amir Khan
3) Ishrad Kamil
4) Vasanth Dev
5) Prasoon Joshi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Prasoon Joshi
A song titled ‘JayatuJayatuBharatam – Vasudev Kutumbakkam’ was released.The song lyrics penned by Prasoon Joshi and composed by Shankar Mahadevan, as many as 211 singers involved like legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar to increase the nation’s will power and evoke the spirit of self-reliance in this difficult time(COVID-19 pandemic).
- Name the country which has left the open skies surveillance treaty for 6 months due to non-compliance of Russia towards treaty.
2) United States
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) United States
The United States (US) has left the Open Skies treaty (OST) for 6 months w.e.f. May 23, 2020 due to Russia’s non-compliance with the treaty. In this regard, US submitted a notice of its decision to withdraw from the Treaty on Open Skies to the Treaty Depositories i.e. Canada and Hungary, and to all other states party to the Treaty. However, the US would reconsider its withdrawal if Russia returns to full compliance with the Treaty. In 2019 also, US withdrew its participation in the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty for the same reasons.
- Name the company which has launched the modified PM Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) pension scheme recently.
1) Oriental Insurance Company Limited
2) New India Assurance Company Limited
3) Life Insurance Corporation of India
4) United India Insurance Company Limited
5) National Insurance Company Limited
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Life Insurance Corporation of India
Life Insurance Corporation of India(LIC) announced the launch of the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana-PMVVY (Modified- 2020) Scheme for those over and above 60 years. The sale will be available from May 26 for 3 financial years(up to March 31, 2023). This scheme can be purchased offline as well as online from LIC website.
- Name the private sector bank which has partnered with Maruti Suzuki to offer retail financing schemes to its customers.
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) CUB Bank
4) YES Bank
5) Axis Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) ICICI Bank
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) announced its partnership with ICICI Bank to offer retail financing schemes to its customers. ICICI bank offers a flexible EMI scheme allowing the customers to pay minimum EMI initially to support them in the liquidity stress during COVID-19 situation.
- What is the estimated GDP of India in last quarter (Q4) of FY20 as per SBI Ecowrap report?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 1.2%
According to the State Bank of India’s(SBI) Ecowrap report India’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) is estimated to grow at 1.2% in the last quarter(Q4) of FY20 as economic activity came to a halt since last week of March due to the nationwide lockdown.
- The REC Ltd partnered with TajSATS to provide nutritious meals to medical staff in Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi recently. Where is the HQ of Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) located?
2) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) New Delhi
REC Foundation, the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm of Rural Electrification Corporation (REC), has partnered with TajSATS (a joint venture of Indian Hotels Company Ltd and SATS Ltd) to provide specially-made nutritious meal packets for medical staff in Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi. REC Headquarters– New Delhi.
- Name the 1st Indian peacekeeper to receive UN Military Gender Advocate award 2019.
1) Gopal Gurunath
2) Om Prakash
3) Srinivas Kumar
4) Suman Gawani
5) Sureesh Gupta
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Suman Gawani
Indian Army officer and woman peacekeeper Suman Gawani who has served with the United Nations Mission in South Sudan(UNMISS) & Brazilian Naval Officer Commander Carla Monteiro de Castro Araujo have been selected for the prestigious United Nations Military Gender Advocate of the Year Award(2019). Suman Gawani becomes the 1st Indian peacekeeper to win the award. The award will be given during an online ceremony presided over by United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres on May 29, the International Day of UN Peacekeepers.
- Name the person who has won the New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA) 2020 Inventor of the Year Award.
1) UK Singh
2) Rithvik Krishnan
3) VK Paul
4) Vijay Raghavan
5) Rajiv Joshi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Rajiv Joshi
IBM Academy of Technology member Dr. Rajiv Joshi won The New York Intellectual Property Law Association(NYIPLA) 2020 Inventor of the Year Award, to honour for his work in advancing the electronic industry and improving artificial intelligence(AI) capabilities. He received the award through an online interview.
- Researchers of Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) has found a route to fabricate precisely controlled nanostructure of desired geometry and location on 2D materials. Where is INST located?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Mohali
Researchers team led byDr.KiranHazra, of Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali an autonomous institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST) found an innovative route to fabricate precisely controlled nanostructure of the required geometry and location on two dimensional(2D) materials using one-step low power laser writing process.About INST: Location- Mohali, Punjab.
- Name the start-up company which has developed India’s 1st contactless visitor management software.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) VAMS
VAMS (Visitor Authentication & Management Systems) Global, a Mumbai based startup offering specialized solutions for Corporates & Commercial Buildings, has developed world’s 1st contactless Visitor Management Software called ‘VAMS SafeGuard’ that checks body temperature, scan faces with mask compliance & monitors social distancing on the premise.
- Name the whatsappvoicebot which was launched by NBFC named Tata capital.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Tia
Tata Capital, Private Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC), has launched a voicebot “TIA” on WhatsApp.The voicebot offers a range of services to its customers like opting for a new loan or getting queries resolved etc to provide seamless and interactive services on the widely used messaging platform, Whatsapp.
- Shyamala Bhave who passed away recently is a renowned _______.
2) Sand Artist
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Vocalist
Noted Classical musician Shyamala G. Bhave, who was well versed in both the Hindustani and Carnatic styles passed away at the age of 76 on May 23, 2020, in Bengaluru, Karnataka. She was born on March 14, 1941, in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the capital and currency of Russia?
1) Bangkok & Dollar
2) Manila & Dollar
4) Tokyo& Yen
5) Beijing& Yen
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Moscow & Rouble
Russia- Capital: Moscow; Currency: Rouble.
- Kangra tea is grown in which state?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Himachal Pradesh
Kangra tea is a tea from the Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh, India. Both black tea and green tea have been produced in the Kangra Valley since the mid-19th century. It got GI tag in 2005. As the world looks to India for a cure of coronavirus, Indian doctors and researchers have shown the benefits of Kangra Tea in lowering symptoms of coronavirus. The tea, as per researchers, lowers the COVID-19 activity better than HIV drugs.
- Where is the HQ of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) located?
2) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) New Delhi
New Delhi based Aviation regulator DGCA has issued seven bands of ticket pricing with lower and upper fare limits. The first such band will consist of flights that are less than 40 minutes in duration. A DGCA order said that the lower and the upper fare limits for the first band is 2 thousand rupees and 6 thousand rupees. For flights with duration of 40 to 60 minutes the lower and upper limits will be, 2 thousand 500 rupees and 7 thousand 500 rupees. For 60 to 90minute flights, the lower and upper limits will be 3 thousand rupees and 9 thousand rupees. For flights with duration of 90 to 120 minutes, the lower and upper limits will be 3 thousand 500 rupees to 10 thousand rupees. 120 to 150minute flights will have lower and upper limits of 4 thousand 500 rupees and 13 thousand rupees. For flights with duration of 150 to 180 minutes, the lower and upper limits will be 5 thousand 500 rupees to 15 thousand 700 rupees. And for flights with duration of 180 to 210 minutes, the lower and upper limits will be 6 thousand 500 rupees to 18 thousand 600 rupees.
- Who is the chairman of SBI?
1) M Ajit Kumar
2) Rajnish Kumar
3) P C Mody
4) Rahul Chaudhry
5) Sanjay Dutt
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar is the present chairman of State Bank of India (SBI).
- Where is the HQ of LIC located?
3) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Mumbai
Life Insurance Corporation, popularly known as LIC is Indian state-owned insurance group and investment company. The HQ of LIC located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.