AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 June 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- Name the state that recently (in June’22) became India’s first State to launch Balika Panchayat (girl Panchayat).
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) West Bengal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Gujarat
Gujarat has become India’s first–ever State to launch Balika Panchayat (girl Panchayat) to promote the social and political development of girl children and to eliminate child marriage and the dowry system, from society.
• Balika Panchayat initiative has been started in Kunaria, Maska, Motagua, and Vadsar villages of Kutch district of Gujarat and it is an initiative of the Women and Child Development Welfare department of the Gujarat Government under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign.
• The members of Balika Panchayat are nominated just like Gram Panchayat and the members will be elected from 6 wards unanimously uncontested. The contestants were young females aged between 10 and 21 years.
Note- The first-ever elections of Balika Panchayat elections were successfully held at Kunariya village (Kutch, Gujarat). Urmi Ahir(20 years) was named as the sarpanch of the Balika Panchayat started in Kutch.
- As per the World Gold Council (WGC) ‘Gold refining and recycling’ report released in June 2022, India has secured _______ rank in global gold recycling in 2021, while _______ global gold recycling.
1) 4th; China
2) 2nd; Russia
3) 4th; United States of America
4) 3rd; China
5) 2nd; United States of America
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 4th; China
According to the World Gold Council (WGC) report titled ‘Gold refining and recycling,’ India has ranked 4th in global gold recycling in 2021 recycling 75 tons, or 6.5 per cent of the total gold recycled across the globe. The report estimates that between 2013 and 2021, India’s gold refining capacity has increased by 1500 tonnes (500%) to 1800 tonnes.
i. According to the WGC report, China tops the global gold recycling in 2021 as it recycled 168 tonnes of gold, followed by Italy with 80 tonnes and the United States of America(USA) at 3rd with 78 tonnes.
ii. Gold recycling in India is driven by the movements in the gold price, future gold price expectations and the wider economic outlook. In the past 5 years, around 11% of India’s gold supply has come from “Old Gold”.
- In June 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the deadline from 1st July 2022 to _______ for the implementation card Rules.
1) 1st December 2022
2) 1st October 2022
3) 1st November 2022
4) 1st September 2022
5) 1st August 2022
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) 1st October 2022
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the timeline for implementation of certain provisions of the master directions it issued on issuance of debit cards and credit cards by three months from July 1, 2022 to October 1, 2022.
i. This extension will provide more time to card issuers to implement the following three provisions as part of RBI’s new regulatory guidelines for issuing credit and debit cards:
• The first provision is that the card issuers will have to seek one-time password (OTP)-based consent from the cardholder for activating a credit card, if the same has not been activated by the customer for more than 30 days from the date of issuance.
• The second provision stated that card-issuers will have to ensure that the credit limit as sanctioned and advised to the cardholder is not breached at any point in time without seeking explicit consent from the cardholder.
• As per third provision, issuers will not capitalize on unpaid charges for compounding of interest.
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) recently (in June’22) launched its digital savings account ‘Freo Save’?
1) Capital SFB
2) Equitas SFB
3) Jana SFB
4) Ujjivan SFB
5) Suryoday SFB
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Equitas SFB
Freo, a bengaluru-based neobanking platform in partnership with Equitas Small Finance Bank launched its digital savings account ‘Freo Save’.
• With the launch of Freo Save, it has become the 1st consumer neobank in India to provide full-stack neo-banking products, including smart savings account, credit and payments products, cards and wealth-growth products.
About Freo Save App:
i. Freo Save App is 100 percent digital with seamless UPI integration which offers quick access to credit & shopping by providing up to 7 percent interest on customer savings for balances above Rs.5 lakh up to Rs.2 crore.
ii. Freo Save will be available in multiple Indian languages, including English, Hindi, and Tamil.
- Name the Insurance Company that recently (in June’22) partnered with Policybazaar.com to launch the Life Insurance Savings Plan.
1) Aviva Life Insurance
2) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
3) Max Life Insurance
4) Aegon Life Insurance
5) Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Max Life Insurance
Max Life Insurance Company Limited partnered with Policybazaar.com to launch the ‘Max Life Smart Fixed-return Digital Plan’, a non-linked, non-participating, short-term individual life insurance savings plan with a minimum policy tenure of 5 years.
i. The policy offers guaranteed tax-free returns up to 6.14% along with life cover protection at a monthly premium of Rs.3000. The policy can be purchased on both Max Life’s website and Policybazaar.com.
About Max Life Insurance Company Limited:
Managing Director (MD) & CEO – Prashant Tripathy
Headquarters – Gurugram, Haryana
- In June 2022, the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the United States (US) announced _________ fund for Indian medical research institutions to Address Challenges Posed by Infectious Diseases.
1) USD 298 million
2) USD 116 million
3) USD 300 million
4) USD 122 million
5) USD 250 million
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) USD 122 million
The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the United States (US) has announced a funding of about USD 122 million to top three Indian medical research institutions: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in New Delhi, Delhi, National Institute of Virology (NIV) in Pune, Maharashtra and National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
i. The single-source funding will continue to assist the ICMR institutions’ cooperation and competence to prevent avoidable epidemics, early detection of disease threats, and rapid and effective response.
- Who was recently (in June’22) appointed as India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN) in New York?
1) T. S. Tirumurti
2) Nirupam Sen
3) Syed Akbaruddin
4) Ruchira Kamboj
5) Asoke Kumar Mukerji
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Ruchira Kamboj
Senior Diplomat Ruchira Kamboj, currently Indian ambassador to Bhutan, has been appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations (UN) at New York. She will succeed TS Tirumurti as the Indian ambassador to the United Nation.
• Ruchira Kamboj is the first female Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Bhutan.
About United Nations (UN):
Secretary General – Antonio Guterres
Establishment – 1945
Headquarters – New york, United states (US)
Member states – 193
- Name the country that recently (in June’22) launched its first indigenously built space rocket “Nuri”.
5) South Korea
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) South Korea
South Korea launched its first indigenously built space rocket – Korea Satellite Launch Vehicle (KSLV) II, called as “Nuri”, from Naro Space Center, Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI) in Goheung, South Jeolla Province, at a launch site in Goheung, Jeollanam-do Province, South Korea. In Korean, the word Nuri means ‘world’.
i. With this launch, South Korea has become the World’s 10th nation to place a satellite into space with its own technology.
ii. Nuri is a 3-stage rocket developed to put a 1.5-ton satellite into the low orbit of 600-800 kilometres above the Earth. Nuri, the 47.2-meter-long, 200-ton space rocket has a maximum diameter of 3.5 meters.
- Who recently (in June’22) won the gold medal by winning the Javelin throw event (86.69 meters) at the Kuortane Games 2022 in Kuortane, Finland?
1) Neeraj Chopra
2) Anil Singh
3) Ravinder Singh Khaira
4) Sumit Antil
5) Devendra Jhajharia
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Neeraj Chopra
Indian javelin ace and Olympic Gold Medalist Neeraj Chopra has won the gold medal by winning the Javelin throw event (86.69 meters) at the Kuortane Games 2022 in Kuortane, Finland. This marks the first top podium finish of the season. He won the gold defeating reigning world champion Anderson Peters of Grenada.
i. Trinidad and Tobago’s Keshorn Walcott (86.64 meters), champion of the 2012 Olympics(London), has secured 2nd place and Anderson Peters (84.75 meters) secured the 3rd.
- The 1st International Day for Countering Hate Speech 2022 was observed across the globe by the United Nations(UN)?
1) 22nd June 2022
2) 19th June 2022
3) 21st June 2022
4) 18th June 2022
5) 20th June 2022
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 18th June 2022
The United Nations(UN) observed the first ever annual International Day for Countering Hate Speech on 18th June 2022. The day aims to highlight the exponential spread and proliferation of hate speech across the globe.
i. International Day of Countering Hate Speech is an initiative that builds on the UN Strategy and Plan of Action on Hate Speech launched on 18th June 2019.