AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Hangpan Dada Bridge over river Subansiri was revamped and inaugurated by CM of the state Pema Khandu recently. Pema Khandu is the CM of which Indian state?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Arunachal Pradesh
The Chief Minister (CM) of Arunachal Pradesh (AR), Pema Khandu, inaugurated the revamped Hangpan Dada Bridge over River Subansiri at Daporijo in Upper Subansiri district, AR through video conferencing. The reconstruction work of this 430 feet multi span bridge was done by Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) of Border Road Organization (BRO) within a month’s time (started 17th Mar, 2020), Government of India under Project ARUNANK.
- Name the organisation which is going to handle Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) Scheme Phase-II as appointed by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
1) Power Finance Corporation
2) Rural Electrification Corporation Limited
3) Reliance Capital Ltd
4) PTC India Financial Services
5) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) on its behalf in the amended clause has appointed the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) as the implementing agency to handle the Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) Scheme Phase-II & all issues regarding the time-extension and dispute resolution on inevitable events.
- National Biofuel Coordination Committee (NBCC) meeting under the chairmanship of Dharmendra Pradhan (Petroleum & Natural gas minister) has approved Food Corporation of India (FCI) to convert the available surplus rice into ________.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Ethanol
National Biofuel Coordination Committee (NBCC) meeting under the chairmanship of Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas has approved & allowed Food Corporation of India (FCI) to convert the available surplus rice to ethanol so as to utilize it in making alcohol-based hand-sanitizers & also for the Ethanol Blended Petrol (EBP) programme.
- Name the company whose drug (developed with CSIR support) was approved for trial by Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for reducing mortality rate in critically ill COVID-19 patientssuffering from Gram-negative bacterial sepsis.
1) Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited
2) Glenmark Pharma Limited
3) Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
4) Cipla Limited
5) Aurobindo Pharma Limited
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited
The Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) approved a trial of a drug, Sepsivac for reducing mortality rate in critically ill COVID-19 patients and the trial is likely to begin at multiple hospitals. The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) through the New Millennium Indian Technology Leadership Initiative (NMITLI) program. The drug has been developed by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited with the support of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) to treat critically ill patients suffering from Gram-negative bacterial sepsis.
- Name the Indian state which has launched ‘Chief Minister COVID-19 Yoddha Kalyan Yojana’ to benefit Anganwadi workers & Assistants.
4) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Madhya Pradesh
The state Government of Madhya Pradesh (MP) has launched the ‘Chief Minister COVID-19 Yoddha Kalyan Yojana’ to benefit the Anganwadi workers and Assistants of the state. Under the scheme, the state government will provide a special health insurance cover of Rs 50 lakhs.
- What is the revised Ways and Means Advances (WMA) limit for Central government for 1st half of FY21?
1) 1.50 lakh crore
2) 1.65 Lakh crore
3) 2.00 Lakh crore
4) 1.75 Lakh crore
5) 2.15 Lakh crore
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 2.00 Lakh crore
In an important revision, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in consultation with Indian Government has increased the limit for Ways and Means Advances (WMA) by 66% for Central government to Rs 2,00,000 crore from Rs 1,20,000 crore for the remaining part of first half of the financial year 2020-21 i.e H1 FY21 (April 2020 to September 2020) to tackle the financial crisis arisen due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- RBI has cancelled the license to conduct banking business of which urban cooperative bank (based on Goa).
1) The Akola Janata Commercial Co-operative Bank
2) Mapusa Urban Co-operative Bank
3) TJSB Sahakari Bank
4) SBPP Co-operative Bank
5) Kalyan Janata Sahakari Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Mapusa Urban Co-operative Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the license granted to the Mapusa Urban Co-operative Bank of Goa Ltd., Goa to conduct banking business which includes acceptance of deposits and repayment of deposits as defined in Section 5 (b) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Which payment bank of India has collaborated with Mastercard to issue virtual and physical debit cards?
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) Jio Payments Bank
3) Jio Payments Bank
4) India Post Payments Bank
5) Paytm Payments Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Paytm Payments Bank
Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL) has collaborated with Mastercard to issue virtual and physical debit cards to enable its customers to perform secure online transactions, make payment in stores as well as withdraw cash from ATMs. PPBL will issue Mastercard virtual debit cards to its new customers to perform secure online transactions for everyday purchases.
- RBI has instructed its regulated entities (REs) to carry out money laundering (ML)and terrorist financing (TF) risk assessment exercise periodically& added a new section 5(A) in the Master Directions (MD) on KYC. The Prevention of Money Laundering rules was enacted in which year?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 2005
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) instructed its regulated entities (REs) to carry out money laundering (ML)and terrorist financing (TF) risk assessment exercise periodically. In this regard the central has added a new section 5(A) in the Master Directions on KYC (know your customer), which has come into force with immediate effect. The changes were made in Prevention of Money Laundering rules, 2005.
- With which healthcare startup Rajasthan government has partnered to tackle covid-19 using integrated solution – Aayu and SehatSathi app?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Medcords
The Government of Rajasthan has partnered with MedCords, a healthcare startup to provide online consultations and to deliver medicine to the people of Rajasthan to control the COVID-19 pandemic. MedCord will provide the requirements of over 68 million people throughout Rajasthan through its integrated solution – Aayu and SehatSathi app.
- Name the person who has been re-appointed as the MD & CEO of City Union Bank (CUB) as approved by RBI.
1) Rana Kapoor
2) N Kamakodi
3) Shyam Srinivasan
4) Ashok Kumar Pradhan
5) Mahabaleswar MS
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) N Kamakodi
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the re-appointment of N Kamakodi as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of City Union Bank (CUB), a private sector bank for 3 years with effect from May 1.
- Noel Quinn has been appointed as the CEO of which multinational bank?
1) HSBC Bank
2) BNP Paribas
3) Deutsche Bank
4) Standard Chartered Bank
5) Bank of China
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) HSBC Bank
HSBC (Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation) Bank appointed Noel Quinn as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He served as the interim CEO of the bank since August 2019. He was the successor of John Flint.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has attended the 5th annual meeting of board of governors of New Development Bank (NDB) recently. Where is HQ of NDB located?
2) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Shanghai
Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 5th Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of New Development Bank (NDB) through video-conference in New Delhi.Appreciated NDB’s effort to provide financial assistance of about USD 5 billion to Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) countries including USD 1 billion to India as a emergency Assistance to combat COVID-19 pandemic & suggested that the assistance to be enhanced to USD 10 billion. The HQ of NDB is at Shanghai, China.
- Name the company which tied up with Daimler Truck AG for joint venture to develop & produce fuel cell systems for heavy vehicle.
1) BMW group
2) Volvo Group
3) Lexus Group
4) Jaguar and Land Rover Group
5) INFINITI Group
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Volvo Group
Swedish luxury vehicles brand Volvo Group and German automotive corporation Daimler Truck AG aka Mercedes have collaborated to set up a joint venture (JV) with equal partnership for the development and production of fuel cell systems for heavy vehicles. As a part of JV, Daimler Truck will put all its current fuel cell activities, and Volvo Group will buy a 50% stake in the venture for around 600 million euros ($652 million). This JV will be an independent and autonomous organization which will focus on Green Deal for sustainable transport and a carbon neutral Europe by 2050. It should be noted that Fuel cells use hydrogen to create electricity.
- Which Indian ministry has launched a dashboard link in its website which lists details of Dhabas and Truck Repair Shops across the country?
1) Minister of Food Processing Industries
2) Ministry of Home Affairs
3) Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
5) Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has created & launched a dashboard link in its website which lists details of Dhabas and Truck Repair Shops available across the country. NHAI’s centralized call number 1033 is also enabled to answer calls and help drivers/cleaners to find information about the dhabas and repair shops along National Highways.
- Name the Indian ministry which has launched ‘COVID India seva’ twitter handle to engage citizens on covid-19 for answering real time queries.
1) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Communications
4) Ministry of Home Affairs
5) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Dr Harsh Vardhan, the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare has launched the ‘COVID India Seva’, a Twitter handle for citizen engagement on the coronavirus (COVID-19) with the aim of this initiative is to enable real-time e-governance delivery and answer citizen queries.
- The scientists of which university has discovered six-planet system (a ‘super-Earth’ & five ‘mini-Neptunes’) orbiting the star HD 158259 in the Draco constellation?
1) Oxford University
2) University of Geneva
3) University of Cambria
4) University of Stanford
5) Harvard University
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) University of Geneva
A team of Scientists at the University of Geneva (UNIGE) ,Switzerland, have discovered a six-planet system (a ‘super-Earth’ & five ‘mini-Neptunes’) orbiting the star HD 158259 in the Draco constellation.The discovery was done by using the SOPHIE spectrograph installed at the Haute-Provence Observatory in the South of France and TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite) exoplanet-hunting space telescope.
- Find the institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) which has developed fabric based personal protective coverall suit to fight against COVID-19.
1) National Geophysical Research Institute
2) National Chemical Laboratory
3) National Aerospace Laboratories
4) National Institute of Oceanography
5) Central Drug Research Institute
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) National Aerospace Laboratories
To protect the medical personnel fighting against the COVID-19, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – National Aerospace Laboratories (CSIR-NAL) along with MAF Clothing Private Limited,developed and certified a polypropylene spun-laminated, multilayered non-woven fabric based overall which are highly cost-effective than the other manufacturers.
- The scientists of Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) has developed an efficient, low-cost electro-catalyst from fish gills. INST is located at?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Mohali
The Scientists at the Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali, Punjab an autonomous institute under the Department of Science and Technology(DST) developed an efficient, low-cost electro-catalyst from fish gills.
- Which Indian state/UT is going to use ‘Assess Koro Na’ app for door-to-door survey in containment zones?
2) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) New Delhi
Delhi Chief Secretary Vijay Dev has asked all district magistrates (DM) to use the new “Assess Koro Na” app for door-to-door survey in COVID-19 containment zones to speed up decision-making by analysing real-time data. The first phase of the app-based assessment will be launched in South Delhi.
- Laisenia Qarase who passed away recently is the former Prime Minister of which country?
2) New Zealand
4) Papua New Guinea
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Fiji
The founder of the Soqosoqo Duavata Ni Lewenivanua Party & former Fiji Prime Minister (2000-2006) Laisenia Qarase passed away at 79 in Oceania Hospital, Suva due to an illness. He hails from Mavana, Vanuabalavu, Lau.
- When was World Creativity and Innovation Day celebrated annually?
1) April 4
2) April 21
3) April 12
4) April 13
5) April 30
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) April 21
World Creativity and Innovation Day (WCID) is a global United Nation (UN) day celebrated on April 21 to raise awareness around the importance of creativity and innovation in problem solving with respect to advancing the United Nations sustainable development goals, also known as the “global goals”.
- Which among the following day was celebrated on April 21 annually?
1) National Farmers Day
2) National Doctors Day
3) National Civil Services Day
4) National Lawyers Day
5) National Engineers Day
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) National Civil Services Day
21st April every year is celebrated as the National Civil Service Day to celebrate the civil servants (IAS- Indian Administrative Services, IPS- Indian Police Services, IFS- Indian Foreign services and group A and B services) who dedicated their lives to the citizens and to renew their commitments and excellence in work. This is also to encourage the passion of the Indians to get into civil service.
- The Administrative professionals day celebrated on which date in India for the year 2020?
1) January 12
2) February 6
3) March 18
4) April 21
5) May 1
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) April 21
Administrative Professionals Day (also known as Secretaries day or Admin Day) is observed on April 21 for the year 2020 across India to recognize the work of secretaries, receptionists, administrative assistants and other administrative support professionals.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the organisation which offers marketing support to Masks under Van Dhan Scheme.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) offers Supply of Masks made by TRIFED Artisans/SHGs, Van Dhan Beneficiaries & NGOs for basic safety from Corona Virus.
- What is the capital and currency of Fiji?
AnswerAnswer-capital – Suva & currency – Dollar
- What is the abbreviation of CRAR?
AnswerAnswer-Capital to Risk (Weighted) Assets Ratio
- Where is the HQ of City Union Bank located?
AnswerAnswer-Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
- Where is the HQ of HSBC bank located?