AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 & 22 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which ministry has signed MoU with SIDBI to engage SIDBI as implementation agency for PM SVANidhi?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Minority Affairs
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has inked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to make latter as the implementation Agency for Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) – a Special Micro-Credit Facility for Street Vendors.
- Raja Praba is the festival celebrated in which Indian state/UT?
3) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Odisha
Raja Praba of Odisha is a three-day festival during the mid-June (preferably starts from 14th June and ends on 16th June) marking the beginning of monsoon. On this day people celebrate menstruation and womanhood, based on the belief that mother earth menstruates for three days which is considered as a sign of fertility.
- Indian Railways will offer passengers two world class airport-like swanky railway stations by December 2020. where does those two stations which is in construction located?
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Both 1) and 3)
Indian Railways passengers, get ready for two world-class railway stations! By the end of this year, Piyush Goyal-led Indian Railways will offer passengers two airport-like swanky railway stations. The much-awaited station redevelopments projects of Gandhinagar railway station and Habibganj railway station are scheduled for completion by this year-end. Today, Chairman of the Railway Board, V K Yadav announced that the two stations- Gandhinagar in Gujarat and Habibganj in Madhya Pradesh will complete all the redevelopment works by December 2020. With this, these two stations will become Indian Railways’ first two airport-style hubs. The redevelopment of these stations is being executed by the Indian Railways Station Development Corporation (IRSDC).
- India attended the 32nd Eurasian Group on EAG plenary virtual meet 2020 led by FATF recently. Where is the HQ of FATF located?
1) New York
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Paris
Indian officials, including representatives from enforcement agencies, have participated in the 32nd special Eurasian Group on Combating Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (EAG) plenary meeting 2020, under the aegis of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF – HQ at Paris, France).
- Name the country which has committed 200 Million Euros to support India’s COVID response.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) France
France and India signed a credit financing agreement promising 200 million euros to support the social welfare system and India’s COVID response. The fund will be provided to India through the AFD, French Development Agency (Agence Française de Développement).
- According to UN’s report titled ‘Global Status Report on Preventing Violence Against Children 2020’, how many children suffers violence annually due to inability of countries?
1) 5 Billion
2) 100 Million
3) 2.5 Billion
4) 500 Million
5) 1 Billion
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 1 Billion
In accordance with the “Global Status Report on Preventing Violence Against Children 2020”, a first of its kind report by United Nations (UN), up to 1 billion children are affected by physical, sexual or psychological violence, with long-lasting and costly emotional, social and economic consequences due to the inability of the countries to protect them by following the established strategies.
- As per report titled “Global Trends- Forced Displacement in 2019” nearly 79.5 mn people forcibly displaced globally at the end of 2019. Name the organization which released the report?
1) Food and Agriculture Organization
2) United Nations Industrial Development Organization
3) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
4) International Labour Organization
5) International Monetary Fund
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
In accordance with the annual report on displacement titled “Global Trends- Forced Displacement in 2019″ released by UN refugee agency- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), in 2019, additional 11 million people were displaced where 2.4 million sought protections outside their country, and 8.6 million were newly displaced within the borders of their countries. On the Global front, the displacement number is 79.5 million or one in every 97 people on the planet at the end of 2019. This number of forced displacement has almost doubled since 2010 (41 million). It should be noted that this figure is the highest since these statistics have been systematically collected. It is approximately 1% of the world’s population.
- RBI has increased the withdrawal limit of Mumbai headquartered PMC bank depositors to Rs. ________ recently.
1) 1 Lakh
2) 5 Lakh
5) 10 Lakh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 1 Lakh
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raised the withdrawal limit from Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank to Rs 1 lakh from Rs 50,000 but extended the moratorium on the bank for another six months. With this relaxation, over 84% of the bank’s depositors will be able to withdraw their entire account balance.
- EXIM bank has extended line of credit worth USD 20.10 million for construction of hospital to which country?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Nicaragua
Export-Import (EXIM) Bank on behalf of the Indian Government, extended a Line of Credit (LOC) of USD 20.10 million to the Government of the Republic of Nicaragua for the reconstruction of Aldo Chavarria Hospital.
- Which bank has partnered with Hyundai motor to launch 1st online auto retail financing platform ‘Click to Buy’?
1) HDFC Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) HDFC Bank
Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) partnered with HDFC Bank to offer industry 1st online auto retail financing on its end-to-end online automotive retail platform, ‘Click to Buy’ to the customers.
- Name the company which has become India’s first to hit 11 trillion rupees’ market capitalization (on June 19, 2020).
1) Tata Consultancy Services
3) ICICI Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra
5) Reliance Industries Ltd
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Reliance Industries Ltd
On June 19, 2020, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) became the first Indian company to reach a market capitalization of Rs 11 trillion, as the company was valued at Rs 11.15 trillion. With this, RIL accounts for nearly 9% of the country’s total m-cap of Rs 138 trillion. Its stock on Bombay stock exchange (BSE) was record high at Rs 1,738.95. Notably the company’s share doubled since mid-March 2020.
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP) for 4 years with effect from June 22, 2020?
1) Vijay Laxman Kelkar
2) M. Govinda Rao
3) Urjit Patel
4) Rathin Roy
5) Sumit Bose
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Urjit Patel
The former governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Urjit Patel was appointed as the Chairman of National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP). He will start his 4year tenure on 22nd June 2020 succeeding Vijay Laxman Kelkar, former chairman of NIPFP.
- Who heads the committee formed by NITI Aayog to develop job platform for migrant labors & others?
1) V K Paul
2) V.K. Saraswat
3) Amitabh Kant
4) Rajeev Kumar
5) Vijay Raghavan
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Amitabh Kant
NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog, a policy think tank of the Government of India (GoI)has formed a high-powered committee of top executives of technology companies like Google, Microsoft and Tech Mahindra under the leadership of its CEO (Chief Executive Officer) Amitabh Kant to develop a job platform that will help migrant labours & blue-collar workers, who have lost their jobs during the lockdown, to find better employment opportunities in their language and around their place.
- What is the rank of Mukesh Ambani in world’s richest person list as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 9
The net worth of Mukesh Ambani, chairman has jumped to $64.5 billion, making him the only Asian tycoon in the exclusive club of the world’s top 10 richest people, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. He overtook Larry Ellison of Oracle Corp. and France’s Francoise Bettencourt Meyers, the wealthiest woman, to reach the No. 9 spot.
- Which Indian has been elected as member of ITF World Tennis Tour Men’s Panel representing the Asia-Oceania zone?
1) Niki Kalyanda Poonacha
2) Leander Paes
3) Yuki Bhambri
4) Mahesh Bhupathi
5) Rohan Bopanna
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Niki Kalyanda Poonacha
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) announced, 25 years old Niki Kalyanda Poonacha, National Champion of India as a member of the ITF World Tennis Tour Men’s Panel representing the Asia-Oceania zone with Ti Chen of Chinese Taipei.
- Vidyaben Shah who passed away recently is a Padma Shri recipient (1992) in which field?
1) Science & Engineering
4) Literature & Education
5) Social Work
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Social Work
Padma Shri awardee & National Awardee, Freedom fighter & Social worker, Vidyaben Shah passed away around the age of 97 in her residence in New Delhi. She established India’s 1st Bal Bhavan in Rajkot in the 1940s. She was born on November 7, 1922 in Gujarat. She has won Padma Shri award in 1992 for her long tenure of social and economic welfare work.
- The world refugee day (WRD) was observed annually on June 20. What is the theme for WRD 2020?
1) “Step with Refugees”
2) “We stand together with refugees”
3) “Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees”
4) “Every Action Counts”
5) “Embracing Refugees to celebrate our Common Humanity”
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) “Every Action Counts”
20th June of every year is observed as World Refugee Day to celebrate the strength and courage of the people who were forced to leave their homes and flee their country due to conflicts or persecution. The day was designated by the United Nations (UN) to honour the refugees all around the world. The theme of this year is “Every Action Counts” to remind that everyone including the refugees can contribute to society in creating a world with equality and equity.
- Which edition of National reading day was celebrated on June 19, 2020?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 25th
On June 19, 2020 India celebrated the 25th edition of the National Reading Day to honour Kerala’s Father of Library Movement, Puthuvayil Narayana(P.N.) Panicker & his significant contribution to the reading culture which made Kerala’s universal literacy rate (100%) in 1990. The day aims to encourage reading among students across the country.
- Which ministry has launched SATYABHAMA Portal which was developed by National Informatics Centre?
1) Ministry of Culture
2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Mines
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Ministry of Mines
Shri Pralhad Joshi, Union Minister for Mines has launched SATYABHAMA (Science and Technology Yojana for Aatmanirbhar Bharat in Mining Advancement) Portal, developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC), Mines Informatics Division.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the HQ of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) located?
4) Washington DC
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Geneva
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
- What is the capital of Nicaragua?
2) San José
4) San Salvador
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Managua
The capital and currency of Nicaragua are Managua and Nicaraguan córdoba respectively.
- Where is the HQ of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) located?
1) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Lucknow
The HQ of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) located at Lucknow, UP.
- Kalinga stadium is located in which state?
3) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Odisha
The Kalinga Stadium is a multi-purpose International stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
- Who is the present union minister of mines?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Pralhad Joshi
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Smriti Irani
5) Pralhad Singh Patel
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Pralhad Joshi
Pralhad Joshi is the present minister of coal, mines & parliamentary affairs.