AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which sector received maximum allocation in recently (November 2020) approved PLI Scheme worth Rs 1,45,980 cr to 10 key Sectors by the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
1) Pharmaceuticals drugs
2) Telecom & Networking Products
3) Advance Chemistry Cell (ACC) Battery
4) Food Products
5) Automobiles & Auto Components
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Automobiles & Auto Components
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the following proposals which were detailed by Union Minister Prakash Javadekar, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) and Nirmala Sitharaman, Ministry of Finance.Cabinet approves PLI Scheme worth Rs 1,45,980 cr to 10 key Sectors for Enhancing Cabinet approves Continuation and Revamping of the Scheme for Financial Support to PPP in Infrastructure Viability Gap Funding VGF Scheme.
Following table shows the recent allocation toward top 5key sectors:
Priority Sector Implementing Ministry/Department Approved Outlay over 5 year period (Rs.crore) 1. Automobiles
& Auto Components
Department of Heavy Industries 57042 2. Advance Chemistry
Cell (ACC) Battery
NITI Aayog and Department of Heavy Industries 18100 3. Pharmaceuticals drugs Department of Pharmaceuticals 15000 4. Telecom & Networking Products Department of Telecom 12195 5. Food Products Ministry of Food Processing Industries 10900
- Where is India’s first Sandalwood Museum being set up?
1) Lahaul Valley, Himachal Pradesh
2) Hubballi, Karnataka
3) Mysuru, Karnataka
4) Thrissur, Kerala
5) Dindigul, Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Mysuru, Karnataka
India’s first Sandalwood Museum is being established in Aranya Bhavan in Ashokapuram, Mysuru, Karnataka. The museum is set up by the Regional Forest Department to educate farmers about the significance of cultivation of sandalwood. This will also provide technical support, information on availability of saplings, marketing facilities, pest control measures, incentives and schemes provided for sandalwood growers by the government. On 9th November 2020, ST Somashekar, Karnataka’s Minister in-charge of Mysuru district, inspected the museum, which will be inaugurated by Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa.
- Name the Project launched by Haryana Government to fight air pollution.
1) Project Clean Air
2) Red Light On, Gaadi Off
3) Project Fight Air Pollution
4) Breath Life
5) Project Air Care
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Project Air Care
Haryana Chief Minister (CM), Manohar Lal Khattar virtually unveiled ‘Project Air Care’ to combat rising Air Pollution in Gurgaon. 65 Wing Augmentation Air Purifying Units (WAYU) would be set up at areas with high Air Quality Indices (AQI) in Gurgaon to improve the air quality. The Air Purifiers have been developed by CSIR-NEERI (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute), IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Bombay. The project is a result of public-private partnership between Gurugram Metropolitan Development Authority (GMDA) and GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) Consumer Healthcare.
- Who has virtually inaugurated the Australia-India Water Centre (AIWC) on November 6, 2020?
1) Mansukh Mandaviya
2) Narendra Modi
3) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) Amit Shah
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat virtually inaugurated the Australia-India Water Centre (AIWC) on November 6, 2020. AIWC will promote water-related research, teaching and training between India and Australia. It will focus on Collaboration in Transdisciplinary water research, capacity building, knowledge & technology transfer and water, food security.
- The President of India approved renaming of Shipping Ministry as the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways. Name the subjects that will come under the ministry.
1) Shipbuilding and ship-repair industry
3) Fishing vessels industry
4) Floating craft industry
5) All of the above
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) All of the above
The President of India has given his assent for renaming Shipping Ministry as the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways by exercising of the powers conferred by clause (3) of Article 77 of the Constitution and by amending the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961.
Other subjects that will come under the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways include shipbuilding and ship-repair industry, ship-breaking, fishing vessels industry, floating craft industry among others.
Various autonomous bodies like the Port Trusts in Mumbai, Kolkata and others, the Inland Waterways Authority of India and the Shipping Corporation of India will also come under the ministry.
- What is the criterion for The NGOs to receive foreign funding after the amendment in the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) Rules, 2011 by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)?
1) NGO must have existed for at least 3 years & spent Rs 15 lakh in voluntary activities
2) NGO must have existed for at least 5 years & spent Rs 25 lakh in voluntary activities
3) NGO must have existed for at least 2 years & spent Rs 15 lakh in voluntary activities
4) NGO must have existed for at least 3 years & spent Rs 25 lakh in voluntary activities
5) NGO must have existed for at least 5 years & spent Rs 15 lakh in voluntary activities
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) NGO must have existed for at least 3 years & spent Rs 15 lakh in voluntary activities
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has amended the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) Rules, 2011 by notifying new rules under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA), 2010. Under clause (b) of sub-section (4) of section 12 of the Act, The NGOs (Non-Government Organizations) that intend to receive foreign funding must have existed for at least three years and spent Rs 15 lakh in voluntary activities to be eligible to receive money from abroad.
- Where has been the PM Narendra Modi virtually the Office-cum-Residential Complex of Cuttack Bench of Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) inaugurated to provide modern tax services and assistance?
1) West Bengal
2) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Odisha
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the Office-cum-Residential Complex of Cuttack Bench of Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) in Odisha to provide modern tax services. This bench will also provide services to Northeast and East India as it will help the Kolkata bench (West Bengal) in meeting the pending appeal. It should be noted that the Cuttack Bench of the ITAT was created and started functioning in 1970, and its jurisdiction extends to the whole of Odisha.
- The Secretary (Economic Relations), Ministry of External Affairs has launched India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) report on ‘Deepening Cooperation in IBSA: Perspectives from Key Sectors’. Who is the Secretary (Economic Relations), Ministry of External Affairs?
1) Rajiv Gauba
2) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
3) Rahul Chhabra
4) T S trimurti
5) A Gitesh Sharma
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Rahul Chhabra
Rahul Chhabra, Secretary (Economic Relations), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India launched India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) report on ‘Deepening Cooperation in IBSA: Perspectives from Key Sectors’ over a virtual platform from New Delhi, India. The report was prepared by the 2nd batch of Fellows under the IBSA Visiting Fellowship Program.
- Which Metro Rail Corporation will lay vibration-absorbing tracks for the first time in India?
1) Noida Metro Rail Corporation
2) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
3) Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation
4) Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation
5) Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation
For the first time in India, the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., MMRCL will lay vibration-absorbing tracks on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro Line-3 with an estimated outlay of Rs.23,000-cr. The corporation has started trial production of the High Vibration Attenuation Booted Twin Sleeper Blocks,HVABTSB to lay tracks with the help of a machine from Sonneville AG, Switzerland. It will have 27 underground stations en route and is expected to be operational in 2021.
- How many Indian Scientists are placed in a list of ‘Top 2% Scientists of the world’ released by Stanford University, United States (US) comprising of 1, 59, 683 persons from all over the world?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) 1,492
Stanford University, United States (US) has released a list of Top 2% Scientists of the world. The list has 1, 59, 683 persons and 1, 492 Indians have found a place in it. The scientists have been selected in the global list on the basis of their research paper’s International Evaluation. Majority of Indians are from Premier Institutions like IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and IISc (Indian Institute of Science). They represent fields like physics, material sciences, chemical engineering, plant biology, energy and others. The list also shows that many non-Nobel Laureates outrank Nobel Laureates.
- Who is the India’s Foreign Secretary (FS)? He concluded a Two-day visit to Maldives recently (November).
1) P K Mishra
2) Pradeep Singh Kharola
3) Rajesh Verma
4) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
5) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
India’s Foreign Secretary (FS) Harsh Vardhan Shringla concluded a Two-day visit to Maldives on November 9-10, 2020. The visit will be the first high level in-person interaction between two sides since the disruption caused by COVID-19 Pandemic.
FS reviewed the progress of ongoing development projects under USD 1.3 Billion (~ INR 9704.50 crores) Financial Package. India will also support Maldives Foreign Minister’s candidature for UNGA (United Nations General Assembly) President.
- IFSCA in a meeting has approved the International Financial Services Centres Authority (Banking) Regulations, 2020 to lay down the rules for the various aspects of banking operations. Expand the term IFSCA.
1) International Financial Services Cards Authority
2) International Financial Services Central Authority
3) International Financial Services Care Authority
4) International Financial Services Centres Authority
5) International Financial Services Compliance Authority
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) International Financial Services Centres Authority
International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) in a meeting has approved the International Financial Services Centres Authority (Banking) Regulations, 2020. Purpose is to lay down the rules for the various aspects of banking operations that will be acceptable at the IFSC (International Financial Services Centres). IFSC International Retail Business Development Committee headed by Pradip Shah, Chairman of Indasia Fund Advisors Pvt Ltd. has presented its final report to IFSCA.
- AGS Transact Technologies Limited (AGSTTL) and Utimaco entered partnered to offer Cyber-Defense Technology to which of the given sectors?
4) Both 2 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
AGS Transact Technologies Limited (AGSTTL) and Utimaco entered into partnership to offer Cyber-Defense Technology, the highest level of security for digital payments and automation solutions to organizations across sectors including banking, petroleum, retail etc. in India & South-east Asia. Under this partnership, the companies will provide crypto-key security solutions to organizations across sectors.
- What will be India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) for the Calendar Year (CY) 2020 as per Moody’s ‘Global Macro Outlook 2021-22 (released in November 2020)?
1) – 8.9%
2) – 9.5%
3) – 10.1%
4) – 12.5%
5) – 6.9%
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) – 8.9%
As per Moody’s ‘Global Macro Outlook 2021-22: Nascent economic rebound takes hold globally but will remain fragile’, India’s GDP(Gross Domestic Product) for the Calendar Year(CY) 2020 is revised upwards to -8.9%(contract by 8.9) from -9.6% projected earlier. It also has revised the GDP for the CY 2021 upwards to 8.6% from 8.1% projected earlier. Goldman Sachs in its global economic analysis report titled ‘V(accine)-Shaped Recovery’, has projected India’s GDP growth to contact by 8.9% for CY 2020. It has reiterated GDP growth for 2021 and 2022 to be 10%and 7.2% respectively.
- Which State signed a MoU with Embassy Group for improvement of Government Schools?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Karnataka
The Embassy Group signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Education, Government of Karnataka, for the all-around improvement of Government Schools in Bengaluru (Bangalore), Karnataka. This MoU will be effective for a period of 2 years (October 2020- September 2022).With this signing the previous MoU, which was signed in November 2018 has been renewed. Scope of MoU is to provide educational resources, infrastructural support and health programs for 20 Government Schools at a cost of Rs 15 crores.
- Which State bagged First Prize for the Best State Award under Normal Category at 2nd National Water Awards for 2019?
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
M. Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President (VP) of India virtually presented the 2nd National Water Awards for 2019. The awards were presented at an award ceremony on 11th and 12th November 2020 organised by the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation under the Ministry of Jal Shakti over a virtual platform.
Tamil Nadu won the first prize for the Best State Award under Normal Category followed by Maharsashtra and Rajasthan in 2nd and 3rd prizes respectively.
- Which State won the Best State Award under special category at 2nd National Water Awards for 2019?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Mizoram
Mizoram won the Best State Award under special category at the 2nd National Water Awards for 2019. Indira Gandhi Government High School, Katterikuppam, Puducherry secured the 1st place in the ‘Best School’ category.
- Who won the Fertiliser Association of India (FAI) Golden Jubilee Award 2020 for his contribution in the field of nano-fertilisers?
1) G R Chintala
2) K S Subramanian
3) M Ramakrishnan
4) S Krishnan
5) Kishor Rungta
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) K S Subramanian
Dr. K S Subramanian, Director of Research of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu who is also a National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) Chair Professor, won the Fertiliser Association of India (FAI) Golden Jubilee Award 2020 for his contribution in the field of nano-fertilisers and its role in improved use while ensuring the safety of environment. The award will be presented at the inaugural function of FAI’s Annual Seminar on “Fertilizer and Agriculture during COVID-19” which will be held in New Delhi in December 2020.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved an acquisition of 7.73% equity share capital of Jio Platforms Limited (JPL) by Google International Limited Liability Corporation-LLC (GIL). What is Reliance’s hold in shares of Jio Platforms (November, 2020)?
1) 55.03 %
2) 61.03 %
3) 67.03 %
4) 75.03 %
5) 79.03 %
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) 67.03 %
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002 has approved an acquisition of 7.73% equity share capital of Jio Platforms Limited (JPL) by Google International Limited Liability Corporation-LLC (GIL).
JPL is a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL).
GIL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Google LLC (collectively with all Google LLC subsidiaries, Google). On July 15, Google signed a binding partnership and an investment agreement to buy 7.73% in Jio Platforms for Rs 33,737 crores. This means that Google will be making investment into Jio through its subsidiary GIL.
Note– Jio will get all the funds from its 13 investors (including Google) who have injected Rs 1,52,056 crore for a 32.97% cumulative equity share.
- What is the name of 5th Scorpene-class Submarine launched in Arabian Sea waters at Mazagon Dock, Mumbai?
1) INS Wajir
2) INS Khanderi
3) INS Karanj
4) INS Vela
5) INS Vagir
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) INS Vagir
Minister of State (MoS) for Defence, Shripad Naik virtually launched the 5th Scorpene-class Submarine ‘INS Vagir’ in Arabian Sea waters at Mazagon Dock, Mumbai. It is capable of undertaking multifarious tasks which includes anti-surface as well as anti-submarine warfare. ‘Vagir’ is part of six Kalvari-Class submarines being built in India. Designed by French naval defence and energy company DCNS (The Naval Group, formerly known as Direction des Constructions Navales (DCNS)) and is being built as part of Indian Navy’s Project-75. Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders (MDSL), Mumbai has built ‘Vagir’.
- Who defeated Sun Yingsha (China) to win the 2020 Dishang ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) World Cup Title (her First ITTF Women’s World Cup title)?
1) Ding Ning (China)
2) Chen Meng (China)
3) Liu Shiwen (China)
4) Kasumi Ishikawa (Japan)
5) Feng Tianwei (Singapore)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Chen Meng (China)
World Number One Chen Meng (China) defeated Sun Yingsha (China) to win the 2020 Dishang ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) World Cup Title (Gold Medal) held at Weihai, China. It is her First ITTF Women’s World Cup title. This is the First Table Tennis tournament after 8 months due to the pandemic. Japan’s Mima Ito took the Bronze Medal defeating Han Ying of Germany. Dishang ITTF Women’s World Cup is the 24th Edition of the ITTF Sanctioned event. It took place from November 8-10 at the Biosecure Weihai Nanhai Olympic Centre, Weihai, China.
- Which Bollywood Actor is set to pen his autobiography titled ‘I am No Messiah’?
1) Akhsay Kumar
2) Anupam Kher
3) Ayushman Khurana
4) Sonu Sood
5) Aamir Khan
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Sonu Sood
Sonu Sood, an actor, producer and humanitarian, is set to pen his autobiography titled “I Am No Messiah”. The book will be co-authored by Meena Iyer. The book will account the experience of Sonu Sood during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The book is set to be published by Penguin Random House India and released in December 2020.
- When is World Pneumonia Day observed to create awareness among the general public about Pneumonia?
1) November 10
2) November 11
3) November 12
4) November 13
5) November 9
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) November 12
World Pneumonia Day is annually celebrated across the globe on 12th November to create awareness among the general public about Pneumonia, a fatal infection and the methods to prevent the infection. The World Pneumonia day was first celebrated on 12th November 2009 by the Global Coalition against Child Pneumonia. World Pneumonia Day was established by the Stop Pneumonia initiative in 2009 to raise awareness and advocate for a global action.
- When is Public Service Broadcasting Day (also known as Jan Prasaran Diwas) celebrated across India?
1) October 31
2) November 5
3) November 10
4) November 12
5) November 14
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) November 12
Public Service Broadcasting Day also known as Jan Prasaran Diwas is annually celebrated across India on 12th November to commemorate the first and only visit of Mahatma Gandhi to All India Radio(AIR), Delhi on 12th November 1947.
On 12th November 1947, Mahatma Gandhi visited the All India Radio, Delhi to address the people from Pakistan, who had temporarily settled in Kurukshetra, Haryana after the partition of India.The Public Service Broadcasting Day was conceptualised by Suhas Borker, Convenor, Jan Prasar and the day was declared in 2000.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is M Chinnasamy stadium located?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Karnataka
The M. Chinnaswamy Stadium is a cricket stadium located in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Capacity is 35,000.
- Surajkund International Fair is associated with which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Haryana
A splash of colours, rhythm of drum beats and joy de-vivre merge at Surajkund in Faridabad, Haryana during the first fortnight of each February. The curtains go up on the acclaimed annual Surajkund International Crafts Mela from 1st February onwards, a celebration of Indian folk traditions and cultural heritage. The festival first took place in 1987 and ever since, the Surajkund Mela’s importance has grown to become the largest International Crafts Fair in the world. The Surajkund Mela is not just the best platform for the skilled craftsmen and artisans of India and other SAARC nations to show their talent, but also a wonderful opportunity for the public to learn about their vibrant culture and get to respect the age-old craft that is better than any machine produce.
- Where is the headquarters of International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)?
1) Lausanne, Switzerland
2) Austria, Vienna
3) Geneva, Switzerland
4) Manila, Philippines
5) Paris, France
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Lausanne, Switzerland
The International Table Tennis Federation is the governing body for all national table tennis associations. The role of the ITTF includes overseeing rules and regulations and seeking technological improvement for the sport of table tennis.
Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland.
- When was International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) established?
1) April, 2020
2) April, 2019
3) April, 2018
4) April, 2017
5) April, 2016
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) April, 2020
The central government has established International Financial Services Centres Authority to regulate all financial services in International Financial Services Centres (IFSCs) with headquarters in Gandhinagar (Gujarat) in April, 2020 through International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019.
- Canberra is capital city of which Country?
3) New Zealand
5) Papua New Guinea
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Australia
The Capital and Currency of ‘Australia’ is ‘Canberra’ and ‘Australian Dollar’ respectively.