AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Union shipping ministry has approved revised cost estimates of Rs. 123.95 cr for Ship Repair facilities in Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Who is the present shipping minister (MoS I/C)?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Smriti Irani
3) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
4) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
5) Raj Nath Singh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
Ministry of Shipping approves Revised cost estimates Ministry of Shipping has approved the Revised Cost estimate of Rs. 123.95 crore for the project “Extension of Dry Dock-II at a marine dockyard including supply, installation and commissioning of Dry Dock Pumps and accessories in Port Blair, South Andaman” for augmenting Ship Repair facilities in Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Ministry of Shipping: Minister of State (MoS)- Mansukh L. Mandaviya.
- Which is the 1st country in the world that runs Double-Stack Container train in OHE electrified region?
1) United States
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) India
Indian railways created a benchmark by setting a new world history on the successful running of the first Double-decker Container Train with a contact wire of 7.57-metre height on its high reach pantograph in the high rise Over Head Equipment (OHE) electrified territory on the western railway from Palanpur and Botad stations in Gujarat.
- Find the PSU which is 1st in construction sector to become fully digital?
1) National Highway Authority of India
2) Hindustan Prefab Ltd
3) National Buildings Construction Corporation
4) National Project Construction Corporation Ltd
5) Hindustan Steelworks Construction Ltd
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) National Highway Authority of India
The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways becomes the first Organisation in the Construction Sector to become fully digitalised utilising the cloud and artificial intelligence powered by the Data Lake, a Big Data Analytic platform and Project Management softwares.
- Which state has become the largest wheat procurer in the country recently?
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Madhya Pradesh
The rural economy of the Madhya Pradesh (MP) state is said to get inducted with Rs 25,000 crore for the farmers as it becomes India’s largest wheat procurer in the year 20-21 surpassing Punjab. MP also produced the highest amount of wheat this year about 30 million tonnes.
- Name the 1st state in the country which received ISO certification for tribal hostels under Mission Suvidya.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Odisha
Odisha became the first State in India to receive prestigious ISO (International Organization for Standardization) 9001:2015 certification for its 44 tribal hostels of Keonjhar (32 hostels) and Sambalpur (12 hostels) districts improving their overall infrastructure and standards under Mission Suvidya.
- The police of which city has launched STREE program for women?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Hyderabad
Hyderabad City Security Council(HCSC) along with Hyderabad City Police launched “She Triumphs through Respect, Equality, and Empowerment (STREE)”, a programme to support and empower women victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- Name the scheme which is the initiative of NCDC & it was launched by union minister Narendra Singh Tomar, providing paid internship to the Youth.
4) Sahakar Mitra
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Sahakar Mitra
Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister inaugurated a Sahakar Mitra: Scheme on Internship Program (SIP) of the NCDC (National Cooperative Development Corporation). The program will provide practical experience of the cooperative sector and assured project loans on liberalized terms to young professionals in the start-up industry.
- Which state/UT has launched ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) New Delhi
4) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (UP) Chief Minister (CM) Yogi Adityanath launched ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’ for child labourers who are 8-18 years old, through video conference. The launch is in line with the ‘World Day Against Child Labour’ (June 12, 2020). UP Labour Minister Swami Prasad Maurya was also present during the launch Aim of the yojana– To educate orphans and worker’s children or child labourers & ensure their healthy life.
- RBI has banned People’s cooperative bank from granting fresh loans, accepting deposits for 6 months. Where is the HQ of People’s Cooperative bank located?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Kanpur
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has restricted People’s Co-operative Bank located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (UP) from granting fresh loans and accepting deposits for six months from June 10, 2020, due to its weak financial position. The bank is barred from selling, transferring or disposing any of its properties or assets.
- Which public sector bank has relaunched Aadhaar-based online ‘Insta Saving Bank Account’?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) United Bank of India
5) Indian Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) State Bank of India
The State Bank of India (SBI) has relaunched ‘SBI Insta Saving Bank Account’, an Aadhaar-based instant digital savings account for customers using the Yono platform, which will offer a complete paperless and instant digital savings account opening with just PAN and Aadhaar number.
- According to ‘Global Trade Update 2020’ released by UNCTAD, international trade is expected to fall by 27% in Q2 of 2020. Where is the HQ of UNCTAD located?
2) New York
3) New Delhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Geneva
According to the report ‘Global Trade Update 2020’ released by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), the value of international trade in goods fell by 5% in the first quarter (Q1) of 2020 and is expected to plunge further by 27% in the ongoing second quarter (Q2) due to the unprecedented effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. It has also forecasted a 20% annual decline in trade for the year 2020. UNCTAD Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland.
- Who has received the 2020 World Food Prize Laureate?
1) Rattan Lal
2) Nishant K. Sinha
3) Asha Sahu
5) Shinogi K.C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Rattan Lal
76-year-old Indian-American Soil scientist, Dr. Rattan Lal received the 2020 World Food Prize Laureate (250,000 USD – Rs. 1.89 crore) for developing and mainstreaming a soil centric approach to increase food production that conserves natural resources and mitigates climate change. He was born in 1944 in Karyal, West Punjab, India.
- The 3rd India-Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) youth dialogue 2020 was held virtually on June 8-10, 2020. Which country holds presidency of ASEAN in 2020?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Vietnam
The 3rd India-Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) youth dialogue 2020 was held virtually on June 8-10, 2020 focusing on coronavirus pandemic. The meet has regarded the youth as “vehicles of change” who are playing a pivotal role by leading the fight against the pandemic. ASEAN: 2020 Chairmanship– Vietnam.
- The petroleum and natural gas ministry has formed 3-member committee to inquire the Assam oil well disaster. Who head the committee/Panel?
1) T K Sengupta
2) BL Kumar
3) SCL Das
4) AC Shanmugam
5) BC Bora
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) SCL Das
A 3-member high-level committee was formed by the Petroleum Ministry to inquire the disaster at Oil India Ltd well in Assam. The panel will be headed by Director General of Directorate General of Hydrocarbons (DGH), SCL Das, other members of the panel include BC Bora former ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) chairman and T K Sengupta former ONGC director.
- Which institute ranked top among the Indian institutes in the Nature Index 2020 ratings (Chinese Academy of Sciences topped overall ranking)?
1) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
3) Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore
4) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
5) Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS)
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
In accordance with the Nature Index 2020 ratings, 3 autonomous institutions of the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India ranked among top 30. The Nature Index 2020 ratings has been globally topped by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China while India’s Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is on 160th position globally but stood first among Indian institutions.Top 3 Indian Institutions (Global)
Indian Rank Global Rank Institution 1 160 Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) 2 184 Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore 3 260 Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
- Which institute has partnered with Kerala based start-up VST Mobility Solutions to launch IoT based ‘BIN-19’ & ‘UV SPOT’?
1) Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute
2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology
3) National Institute of Science Technology and Development Studies
4) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation
5) National Institute of Science Communication & Information Resources
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology
Kerala Startup VST Mobility Solutions, has launched Internet of Things(IoT) based (facility that works without any human touch) automated mask disposal machine, “BIN-19” & “UltraViolet (UV) SPOT”, a UV light-based multipurpose disinfector in association with Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST).
- Which country has ranked top in FIFA world ranking released on June 11, 2020?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Belgium
According to the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) world Ranking released on June 11, 2020, India has retained the 108th spot with 1187 points as international football has been suspended since March due to the COVID- 19. Belgium tops the ranking followed by France and Brazil. Qatar is the host country of FIFA World Cup 2022.
- Who authored the book titled ‘Lockdown Liaisons’?
1) Sudha Murthy
2) Arundhati Roy
3) Anita Desai
4) Uma Balasubramaniam
5) Shobhaa De
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Shobhaa De
Writer and Columnist Shobhaa De’s new collection of stories titled “Lockdown Liaisons” a book reflecting the impacts of COVID-19 on human lives published by Simon & Schuster India and released on May 30, 2020.
- A. Vaidyanathan who passed away recently is a renowned ________.
4) Stunt Man
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Professor
The former member of the Planning Commission, advocate of data quality and economist, professor Dr. A. Vaidyanathan passed away at the age of 88 in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Tamil Nadu legislator Anbazhagan who passed away recently is associated with which political party?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) DMK
Three-time DMK MLA, J. Anbazhagan passed away at the age of 61 years after he tested positive for COVID-19 in Chennai, who represented the Chepauk-Thiruvallikeni constituency in the Assembly.
- The Theme for world day against child labor 2020 is “COVID-19: Protect children from child labour, now more than ever”. When was the day observed annually?
1) June 12
2) June 15
3) June 19
4) June 2
5) June 7
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) June 12
June 12 of Every year is observed as the World Day Against Child Labour which was launched by the International Labour Organization (ILO) in 2002 to focus on the global extent of child labour and the steps to be taken to eliminate it. Theme of 2020: “COVID-19: Protect children from child labour, now more than ever”.
- The green Mizoram day 2020 was observed on ______.
1) June 12
2) June 15
3) June 14
4) June 13
5) June 11
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) June 11
Every year a particular day during the first or second week of June is observed as Green Mizoram Day. In 2020, Green Mizoram Day is observed on June 11 across Mizoram in India. The plantation drive was averted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Lonar Lake which is in news recently is located in which state?
4) West Bengal
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Maharashtra
The color of water in Maharashtra’s Lonar lake, formed after a meteorite hit the Earth some 50,000 years ago, has changed to pink with experts attributing it to the salinity and presence of algae in the water body. It is India’s only crater lake. India has proposed this lake along with 9 other sites as sites of international importance under the Ramsar Convention.
- Bhogapuram airport is located in which state?
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra government signs agreement with GMR to develop Bhogapuram airport. While Special Chief Secretary (Infrastructure and Investments) R Karikal Valaven signed the agreement on behalf of the State government, GMR Chairman GBS Raju inked the pact on behalf of GMR Airports.
- Jacinda Ardern is the prime minister of which country?
5) New Zealand
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) New Zealand
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern celebrated after country declares itself Covid-19 free.
- Who is the president of Syria?
1) Imad Khamis
2) Michel Aoun
3) Hussein Arnous
4) Bashar Assad
5) Hassan Diab
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Bashar Assad
Syrian President Bashar Assad fired his prime minister Imad Khamis, a month ahead of elections and as the economic crisis worsens and public anger rises in the territory under his control. He asked Hussein Arnous to replace Khamis as interim premier until parliament elections. The capital and currency of Syria are Damascus and Syrian pound respectively.
- Ghumura is folk dance in which state?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Odisha
Ghumura dance is a folk dance of Kalahandi district of the Indian state Odisha. It is classified as folk dance as the dress code of Ghumura resembles more like a tribal dance, but there are arguments about mudra and dance forms of Ghumura bearing more resemblance with other classical dance forms of India.